What's new

Just can't stop burning coils ?

Syer Shulver

Postman
Happy New Year all !

Not a Vape fanatic and not hugely up with some of the technology - but i enjoy it hugely and it's keeping me away from the dreaded cancer sticks..... :-)

So i have one of these (Eleaf ijust 3) 80w, non-adjustable, internal battery, Ello Duro tank):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eleaf-iJ...hash=item2acae1b23c:m:mqhBxXJQ_TUh240nDlXN0qA

And i just cant stop burning coils. Done some 'research' and tried to adjust my potentially bad Vaping habits !! (Not chaining, giving wick time to re-soak between draws, shorter puffs, making sure coil is well primed when fitting before using etc) and i've tried various different coils.

At the moment i'm on these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELEAF-HW...var=424716027589&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

^^^The: HW-M Coils 0.15Ω X 5 Coils -
  • HW-M 0.15 ohm Coil
    • 50 to 100W
    • Net Coil
    • Kanthal

Best i've had life-wise is like 7-10 days perhaps in nearly a dozen coils. But that was an exception. Many last 2 - 3 days..... and some have barely lasted 24 hours. Not just the cost - all i ever seem to be doing is getting some sort of bad taste / changing a coil / or not having one to hand and am then unable to Vape ! And i'm not even a really heavy Vaper :17:

Is it more likely it's my juice ? I'll be completely honest i've bought alot of cheap 70/30 and 60/40 off ebay - because im busy at work and it's easy to be on my doormat when i get home late.

Need some more now. What should i be looking for and buying tomorrow to try something different !!

Or.........any suggestions or Education welcome please !

Thanks.

Your coils are okay and the ebay seller doesn't have any negatives so would guess the coils are also genuine.
It's probably a priming issue or very sweet juice.
Do you allow enough time for the coils to soak and do you start off at low wattage to let them bed in?
Is your juice known to be very sweet?

There are enough online stores where u can get both coils and juice from instead of ebay but like strawberryripple says, prime coils by dropping a couple of drops in to the side holes first, then let it sit in the juice in the tank, then start at low wattage, couple of drags and slowly bring it up in 5w increases to your recommended / required wattage, you wont get much vapour or flavour at the lower wattages but you're breaking the coil in, this will help it last longer, also juices loaded with sweetners or dessert types will kill your coils quicker

Apologies just seen it isnt an adjustable mod, I'd hazard a guess it's probably the juices you're using, maybe post a couple of juice examples that you've been using

Your coils are okay and the ebay seller doesn't have any negatives so would guess the coils are also genuine.
It's probably a priming issue or very sweet juice.
Do you allow enough time for the coils to soak and do you start off at low wattage to let them bed in?
Is your juice known to be very sweet?

I steer away from really sweet / citrus flavours / pineapple etc.........rightly or wrongly after being advised too ! ***Just prefer everyday / all-day fruit flavours mostly.

And yes i now prime the new coil, and leave to soak for around 15 mins before use.

Its a non adjustable device as stated. So can't start off at low wattage as such......??

OK - I don't use Eleaf coils, but when I used Aspire ones there were a lot of dodgy coils around which caused issues. Especially from some (not all) Ebay and Amazon sellers .......... so a good start might be to try from here. I believe lots of apes here have used them with no issues.

https://www.wholesalecoils.co.uk/collections/eleaf-coils

I've researched my seller and packing / codes etc have looked good. And i've not always bought from same seller. But someone known to sell genuine / trouble-free coils cant hurt. Thanks.

As above its most likely your juice... You could try my favourite trick of scraping a pin over the exposed cotton on the coil/make 2 pin pricks on each section of cotton where it wicks (any more than that and it may flood a bit) will help it saturate better/faster.

Could be just a crap batch of coils too. Cotton packed too tight, too slow wicking. Cleito coils had that issue. If some by doing everything the same last a week and others doing exactly the same last a couple of days then you couldn't blame the juice, given it happens on the exact same juice. I would swap the whole kit out if it was me. I wasted enough chasing those cleito issues to have purchased several other kits in the end.
Just my opinion. Good luck.

Apologies just seen it isnt an adjustable mod, I'd hazard a guess it's probably the juices you're using, maybe post a couple of juice examples that you've been using

Thanks for your help.

I'm sure it's some of my issues. Forget what juice i've been using perhaps....

What should i be looking for ?

Back
Top Bottom