What's new

Just can't stop burning coils ?

I use HW-M and HW-N coils regularly with zero problems. Great flavour and last me anywhere from 2 weeks to a month depending on what juice I'm using.

Super sweet juice will turn the coil metal black long before the cotton burns out and that's a serious problem for taste and usable coil life. If you're only getting a couple of days per coil and you're priming the coil and breaking it in then it has to be your juice, assuming the coils are genuine.

Two weeks to a month. WOW ! I'd kill for that right now......

Great feedback - thanks.

Thanks. Fair point ref some lasting ok.....

Swap the whole kit out ? As in tank / coils and juice. Or do you think a non-adjustable mod is an issue too - especially ref breaking the coil in ? (Just so handy for my lifestyle / job.....)
Hi mate. Was just a suggestion to go for a new setup, tank n mod as you can get some good deals on them here and there and it's easy to spend more that what they are worth chasing the solution to a problem. Have done that and I dont any more.
The reason I say the juice does not sound like the issue is you say using it some coils last a week and others just a couple of days. If it was the juice all your coils would only last a couple of days. I diy my own and get these days on average a good 10 days from various tank coil setups. I mix nice n sweet juices too.
With this next statement I don't want to offend others but it's often the case. Im not calling them liars its just they dont think about it or are so used to using multi kits it becomes normal and they forget, to add it.
You will hear from people here and there that the coils they use last them a month or two. When I started I would hear or read that and think :11: "how" I'm using the same setup? Back then a hardly used sweetener. Later I discovered they use a series of tanks in their daily/weekly rotation. Several different tanks during that month or two. So in reality if they only used the 1, and you calculate the time stated vs number of set ups, they really were just getting a week or two. Not 1 to 2 months from 1 stock coil. When I state the time my coils last its for the use of 1 coil over a set period of time with x amount of juice.
But by all means try a pack from one of the recomended vendors here, there are fake everything these days on ebay and the likes.
Cheers mate.

Hi mate. Was just a suggestion to go for a new setup, tank n mod as you can get some good deals on them here and there and it's easy to spend more that what they are worth chasing the solution to a problem. Have done that and I dont any more.
The reason I say the juice does not sound like the issue is you say using it some coils last a week and others just a couple of days. If it was the juice all your coils would only last a couple of days. I diy my own and get these days on average a good 10 days from various tank coil setups. I mix nice n sweet juices too.
With this next statement I don't want to offend others but it's often the case. Im not calling them liars its just they dont think about it or are so used to using multi kits it becomes normal and they forget, to add it.
You will hear from people here and there that the coils they use last them a month or two. When I started I would hear or read that and think :11: "how" I'm using the same setup? Back then a hardly used sweetener. Later I discovered they use a series of tanks in their daily/weekly rotation. Several different tanks during that month or two. So in reality if they only used the 1, and you calculate the time stated vs number of set ups, they really were just getting a week or two. Not 1 to 2 months from 1 stock coil. When I state the time my coils last its for the use of 1 coil over a set period of time with x amount of juice.
But by all means try a pack from one of the recomended vendors here, there are fake everything these days on ebay and the likes.
Cheers mate.

Taken on board @Tazz. Cheers. ****And I’d be more than happy with 10 days use for a single coil; bearing in mind where I’m at right now !

I’ve ordered a pack of 5 coils from the sellers link given to me; and saved for future purchases.
Then ordered a single bottle of juice from Prime Vapes. Let’s see how that goes. I had like 6 bottles in my basket but then thought - let’s try one / two things at a time before I go in full-tilt as normal and not know what’s made a difference and what hasn’t perhaps.

Ive got 2 brand new spare battery
Units here. If I have to buy a new mod / tank - then so be it. But let’s see how known genuine coils and some decent juice goes first hey.

If I’m careful priming; and don’t go in full tilt with new coils from the get-go (Seeing as I can’t adjust wattage)...hopefully I can spend more time vaping than swapping out coils !

Cheers for your help.

Cheers mate.
There's also the way people vape - some take a few draws and then put the mod down until they need a nic hit again, some go outside to vape like smokers do so only vape on a 'break', and some hold it all day long and are chuffing on it continuously.

There's also the way people vape - some take a few draws and then put the mod down until they need a nic hit again, some go outside to vape like smokers do so only vape on a 'break', and some hold it all day long and are chuffing on it continuously.
That's true and why I also include the amount of juice I use. When I test a tank coil combo I take note of how much used over the set period of time I state. What you say is true.
Which I why its always best to state the volume used in that period of time and if it was that device exclusively.
The reason is early on here at POTV I had people make me think that either my gear was crap or I was doing something seriously wrong. Also during that time that they had vaped over 200ml or more of juice! So I'd play around with mix ratios, sweetener but kept getting the same results. Few months down the track read how they use multiple set ups with several in constant rotation. Then I questioned again their coil lifespans and asked them if that was the only thing they used. "Oh no, I use that in my car going to work, this at work, that at home, this using my pc......" Gee, wish you'd told me that at the start before I did all that and felt like pulling my hair out! :sleepy:
"Yeah spose I should have mentioned it". :18:

Last edited:
For me the great value of a forum is that you get all sorts of opinions from all kinds of vapers - however you vape, you get there in the end. :)

I had a similar issue with a Smok Prince Stick which had no adjustable wattage, this tip solved not only the problem with that but also useful for other stock coils:

After every 5 or 6 draws, open up the fill cap and reclose it, this lets air in and speeds up wicking, you should notice the next draw being noticeably juicier.

It might sound like a faff but my coils that would last days rather than weeks ended up lasting up to 2 months and it becomes a habit you don't notice.

Give it a try, nothing to loose.

Well : thought i'd follow up. Basically today's actions sorted my decision on what to do regarding me burning coils every other day!

Another burnt coil last night - last new one was at work. So i get in; prime and swap a new one in, take a couple of big tokes without firing my battery - and leave it 5 mins for good luck. Then picked it up with a load of other stuff in my hands........dropping it in the process and smashing the glass :clapping:

So popped into the local "E-Cig" Vape shop (I generally previously shopped online / or on ebay [Yes....i know :( ]...and asked if they had a Glass for my Ello Duro Tank. Conversation then got onto me burning coils. And the man then says he think the tank i have don't look quite right and could be fake...

Seeing as they have no glass for mine anyway; im 'forced' to buy a new tank.And some spare coils (While i'm in a shop pretty assured of selling genuine ones)....and some decent juice to go with it. Along with a bigger volume glass blah blah. So a little more than i expected but hey......

BUT: Having had most of the day using it: the flavour is in a different World to what i've been getting recently. And hopefully the coils will now see me more than a couple of days use. If i was hyper critical. Maybe can't quite get enough airflow for my perfect hit; but not dire at all.

A little quality always costs. I need to stop being a cheap-skate - especially in terms of cheap juice - in the future for something i clearly enjoy !

General shot:

bjM6beX.jpg

Uwell Numchaku is it (?). Love the quick turn locking cap and leak-catching filler membrane [Probably really old hat !!!!]

M8HZF8s.jpg

And some decant juice - i hope (?) :

JYK0NMv.jpg

I'll let you know if this twisted (mini) fire-starter manages to change his ways.........:)

Thanks guys.

Well : thought i'd follow up. Basically today's actions sorted my decision on what to do regarding me burning coils every other day!

Another burnt coil last night - last new one was at work. So i get in; prime and swap a new one in, take a couple of big tokes without firing my battery - and leave it 5 mins for good luck. Then picked it up with a load of other stuff in my hands........dropping it in the process and smashing the glass :clapping:

So popped into the local "E-Cig" Vape shop (I generally previously shopped online / or on ebay [Yes....i know :( ]...and asked if they had a Glass for my Ello Duro Tank. Conversation then got onto me burning coils. And the man then says he think the tank i have don't look quite right and could be fake...

Seeing as they have no glass for mine anyway; im 'forced' to buy a new tank.And some spare coils (While i'm in a shop pretty assured of selling genuine ones)....and some decent juice to go with it. Along with a bigger volume glass blah blah. So a little more than i expected but hey......

BUT: Having had most of the day using it: the flavour is in a different World to what i've been getting recently. And hopefully the coils will now see me more than a couple of days use. If i was hyper critical. Maybe can't quite get enough airflow for my perfect hit; but not dire at all.

A little quality always costs. I need to stop being a cheap-skate - especially in terms of cheap juice - in the future for something i clearly enjoy !

General shot:

bjM6beX.jpg

Uwell Numchaku is it (?). Love the quick turn locking cap and leak-catching filler membrane [Probably really old hat !!!!]

M8HZF8s.jpg

And some decant juice - i hope (?) :

JYK0NMv.jpg

I'll let you know if this twisted (mini) fire-starter manages to change his ways.........:)

Thanks guys.
Uwell nunchaku 2 are fairly new and are meant to be very good tanks I had the original and the new un2 coils are meant to be very good indeed, nice one glad you got one you're enjoying, you should also get a back up mod in case you break this one run out of battery etc, one with adjustable wattage would be good, did you order some prime vapes juice? If so which you go for? If you keep with the stock coils freemax mesh pro is a great tank with the double or triple mesh coils

Back
Top Bottom