What's new

Lab

i don’t think that’s true. there were people discussing it on here, for example and i don’t think anybody was calling it a conspiracy nutjob theory. i’m sure this has happened before.
Also don't think it's unreasonable for people to wait until there is sufficient evidence collected and presented before making a judgement regardless of their suspicions. And listening to the collective voices of almost every international scientist who spoke out and would actually be qualified and knowledgeable enough to know, whilst waiting for said evidence, doesn't sound unreasonable to me either.

I definitely recall the lab leak theory being considered conspiracy theory in the media. No idea why people regard that as derogatory. Oswald didn't act alone is still treated as conspiracy theory to this day by much of the MSM, especially in the US, despite the wealth of evidence to the contrary and Congress' own House Select Committee on Assassination determining that a conspiracy was likely.

i don’t think that’s true. there were people discussing it on here, for example and i don’t think anybody was calling it a conspiracy nutjob theory. i’m sure this has happened before.
Not on here no but elsewhere on the old internet , the sheer suggestion had responses akin to claiming it was aliens who did it!

Waiting for the truth
but who do you trust enough to tell the truth :55:
come-down-son-trust-fall.gif

I said it at the time.

Even if there are absolutely damning facts that it came from a lab in China.....would they ever officially tell us that?

Given the impact it would have with....well horrible racists for giving them a proper name.

Even if there are absolutely damning facts that it came from a lab in China.....would they ever officially tell us that?

the possibility is being openly talked about in the mainstream media and by the head of the WHO team who were investigating.

When the term conspiracy theory is used, isn't it, more often than not, in a dismissive and pejorative context?

People who throw this term around frequently seem to pride themselves on being reasonable, consider themselves free-thinkers, and don't appreciate that they are subject to conformity influences (in a psychological sense).

I think we need to distinguish between nutjob conspiracy theories and reasonable ones. Just because it's reasonable, it doesn't make it true, but it makes it worth investigating.

When the term conspiracy theory is used, isn't it, more often than not, in a dismissive and pejorative context?

People who throw this term around frequently seem to pride themselves on being reasonable, consider themselves free-thinkers, and don't appreciate that they are subject to conformity influences (in a psychological sense).

I think we need to distinguish between nutjob conspiracy theories and reasonable ones. Just because it's reasonable, it doesn't make it true, but it makes it worth investigating.
More than not only by a very small minority, imho. Most people in my experience don't use it in an offensive way. Can be dismissive for sure but I don't think that's offensive. Wouldn't raise an eyebrow unless it's "conspiracy nut" or "kook" being thrown around which is rare outside of a very narrow, small-minded minority.

At least in my experience. YMMV.

More than not only by a very small minority, imho. Most people in my experience don't use it in an offensive way. Can be dismissive for sure but I don't think that's offensive. Wouldn't raise an eyebrow unless it's "conspiracy nut" or "kook" being thrown around which is rare outside of a very narrow, small-minded minority.

At least in my experience. YMMV.

Not offensive as such, but IME it's mostly used to reference to a silly theory that shouldn't be taken seriously, implying that ther person considering it is .... easily led... or whatever.

Not offensive as such, but IME it's mostly used to reference to a silly theory that shouldn't be taken seriously, implying that ther person considering it is .... easily led... or whatever.
Maybe because the conspiracy sphere has been poisoned by the likes of Icke and his ilk who talk utter bullshit and weave between theories? Some people simply don't want to hear it and it's an easy cut off.

Back
Top Bottom