What's new

LiQuid new t&c : things are a changing

MrDJ

Legend
Important changes to your account & shipping from 1st October 2015

Hello,

Due to recent changes in the law, as of 1st October 2015 you will have to be over the age of 18 to purchase e-liquid. Because of this, we have to be able to prove that every customer is over 18 years old. This will be monitored by Trading Standards and we can be fined up to £2,500 per sale if we do not comply.

Some companies are getting their customers to upload passports, driving licenses, utility bills etc, but we don't feel that this is a reasonable request for our customers. We are going to be using a global age verification company that performs a search through a secure network to verify your identity. This search is instant and uses information from various sources, such as the electoral roll register, birth index data, GB driving licences and credit activity data, to verify your age.

If you fail the check then your account will be blocked and you will not be able to order. Because of this, certain information in your LiQuid account NEEDS to be correct:

1. Billing Address.

You need to make sure that the billing address in your account matches the address that your bank account is registered to and NOT your place of work or delivery address if different.

2. Full Name.

You need to enter your FULL name as it appears on your passport/bills/driving licence etc. For example Jonathan Smith-Jones instead of Jonny Jones or Rebecca instead of Becky.

3. Date Of Birth.

You will be required to enter your date of birth before you can checkout.

Without the correct information we will not be able to verify your age and you will not be able to make a purchase. These checks are now required by law, so unfortunately there is no way around them.

New Royal Mail Postage & Packaging Charges.

Royal Mail are changing the way that they process parcels and the way that we are charged. They used to charge by average weight, but now it goes by the exact weight of the order through a 2D barcode system. So far we have been trying to cover the cost of postage and packaging but this is getting harder and harder, so unfortunately we are going to have to increase the price of shipping. We feel that the fairest way of doing this is tiered pricing.

New UK P&P Rates:

1-8 Bottles - £1.80
9-15 Bottles - £2.15
> 16 Bottles - £2.90

For now international delivery will remain the same.

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
The LiQuid Team.

I've never ordered from them, although I've filled a basket and for whatever reason, walked away.
Looks like now I never will.

waist = 36

Inside Leg = 32

Chest = 46

Neck = 17.5

I like sunny days, walks in the park and helping little ickle animals

To not order from a company that is trying to adhere to new legislation and postal charges is a bit naff, this will become more prolific as everyone tries to stay within the law. How many companies do you think you'll drop as legislation creeps in.

Name and date of birth is no biggie for me - it's information that is widely available; however, the requirement of uploading an image of my passport, driving licence or utility bill to ANY company peddling vaping gear will automatically ensure they no longer receive any of my hard earned cash.

You have to be 18 to own a credit card or PayPal account. Why don't they just use a customer declaration? If the customer makes a false declaration then the vaping police can persue them rather than the vendor?

For the second time this week I use the phrase, "The world has gone fucking mad".

sadly i think that will be happening a lot.

That's a pisser, I'm currently trying out different high VG juices from a few sites for my new ADV, better get a feckin move on :)

Sounds like Liquid are taking the prospect of fines seriously, upside is they obviously consider it worthwhile to still operate despite new regulations (although I fear their promise that 10ml bottles will cost £1 forever could be unrealistic from May next year).

I don't buy groceries online, out of interest are alcohol and tobacco sales from Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda etc. subject to the same level of scrutiny?
(Same age restrictions after all).

I don't think it will stop me buying from them - I'll just have to buy more bottles at a time to justify the post. :( (15 instead of 10)

Last edited:
I don't buy groceries online, out of interest are alcohol and tobacco sales from Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda etc. subject to the same level of scrutiny?
(Same age restrictions after all).

Not at all, alcohol, knives, tobacco etc. can be bought online with no proof of age.

Back
Top Bottom