What's new

Long lasting mods?

You must be extremely unlucky or extremely clumsy if you have to replace your mods so frequently. QC may not be the absolute best but to have so many die so quickly is incredible. Leaks are the most common cause so might be an idea just to double check your tanks for leaks and maybe give your mod and tank a little wipe after every refill. If you're using rta's or rda's then check for any shorts as those will fuck with the boards.

@Slushii
2 mods have died on me in 9 years. thats out of 55 mods. ive still got original isticks from 2015 working perfectly with only about 5% battery drain. out of this lot 48 are external batter mods and the two that died were juice leaks.

now strangely enought you mention about one battery showing as empty on your geekvape. this was a known issue but no one knows the cause as from new it happened to one of mine 2 times only from new and has not happened since. ive had it around 3-4 years now and been used daily since. ive got 5 other geekvapes and theve not been affected.

cant believe 3 gen 200 have failed. but as youve mentioned, any and i mean any juice leak can fuk the mod up. my gen with itank1 and itank2 have never leaked a drop since new and they are both used daily as well.

so question, what ratio vg/pg are you using and have your bottles got a fine needle point fill spout or a thicker that doesnt fit into the fill hole. i know the itanks need a thin nozzle due to the rubber membrain and if a thicker nozzle is used yes it will leak over and drip down the side of the tank. if that happens immediately remove tank and wipe down and use a tissue in the 510 connection to soak up any leak as just a little is enough to fry a mod.

Last edited:
I'm pleasently suprised by the number of comments on this thread. Thank-you. Your time, attention and knowledge is appreciated. Vapers are a good bunch.

Diagnosing my vape problems then...I'm not particularly clumsy and I rarely drop them, so that's not the issue.

I used to use an rda, a dead rabbit I think it's called. I would be refilling it a lot, and sometimes overfilling. I would dry it off but it can't have been good for them. Very rarely would I unscrew the rda and clean around it.

Around 6 weeks ago something made me go through my vape draw. I had an old vandy vape kylin rta in there that I hadn't used for ages. I put in some fresh geek vape coils, and then some cotton bacon wick, and away I vaped. Glad I did because I prefer the rta over the dead rabbit rda in every way, especially because there is no overfilling potential.

I do think and hope that switching to the rda will mean less ruined mods. Do electronics have souls? I hope not with the amount I've gone through.
But this geek vape L200 classic mod gone wrong after 2 weeks only, I haven't dropped it and I'm being very careful with the juice. I just checked it again and same message, battery low. Maybe it's just bad luck?

I bought it from Vape Club, maybe i should send it back? Except approximately 2 months ago I bought a cheap Smok vape from vape clup, which predictivly broke after 3 weeks. I emailed them about the problem and posted it back for them to inspect. 2 weeks later after no word from them I emailed again, they said they couldn't find the vape I sent back...no vape, no refund. For that reason I very much doubt that complaining to vape club about my 2 week old geek vape will bring any joy. I won't buy from them again.

I can't remember where I got the batteries, but they are only 3 months old and were quite costly. I never use flee bay anymore for anything, prefer Ali express. Or even better buy second hand from Facebook marketplace or charity shop.

The new vape I ordered is a voopoo Drag 4, I hope to have better luck with it. I want to give a shout out to the company I bought it from. Everything Liquid. Reason 1 is because they refunded me recently when i sent back a concentrate i didn't like. Also because they sell quality and cheap concentrate and everything else vape. I get my knockoff heisenberg and grape there. They have a sale on now as well.
It sounds like I work for them but I don't. I just appreciate a vape company that treats its customers right.

Anyway I've rambled on far too long.:)

I use RTA's and every time I fill up I always remove the tank and clean under it because vape juice tends to pool underneath it which can then make it's way via the 510 pin onto the internal electrics.

I never use flee bay anymore for anything, prefer Ali express. Or even better buy second hand from Facebook marketplace or charity shop
this comment scared the shit out of me.
out of everything the batteries is the last place you need to try and save a few bucks.
there are thousands of fakes out there and like you id never use ebay,facebook,amazon and even buying direct from china can be a risk.
this is the only place you need to look https://www.fogstar.co.uk/ we also have a 20% off code.
molicel all the way.

This might sound odd but have you checked the Battery Terminals and cleaned them, also the Batteries can get dirty on the plus and negative. I had a DNA Mod that i though had died but used some Methylated Spirit and cleansed the Terminals and batteries and it work, sounds obvious but some never check.

in 11 yrs ive only had 2 mods die on there arse 1 was a smok alien & some dual 21700 from ecigone which lasted a whole week, other than that my mods work fine including my geekvape legends which are well over 4yrs old they are bullet proof, as for the geekvape l200 from what ive read they are nowhere near as well built..

I'm pleasently suprised by the number of comments on this thread. Thank-you. Your time, attention and knowledge is appreciated. Vapers are a good bunch.

Diagnosing my vape problems then...I'm not particularly clumsy and I rarely drop them, so that's not the issue.

I used to use an rda, a dead rabbit I think it's called. I would be refilling it a lot, and sometimes overfilling. I would dry it off but it can't have been good for them. Very rarely would I unscrew the rda and clean around it.

Around 6 weeks ago something made me go through my vape draw. I had an old vandy vape kylin rta in there that I hadn't used for ages. I put in some fresh geek vape coils, and then some cotton bacon wick, and away I vaped. Glad I did because I prefer the rta over the dead rabbit rda in every way, especially because there is no overfilling potential.

I do think and hope that switching to the rda will mean less ruined mods. Do electronics have souls? I hope not with the amount I've gone through.
But this geek vape L200 classic mod gone wrong after 2 weeks only, I haven't dropped it and I'm being very careful with the juice. I just checked it again and same message, battery low. Maybe it's just bad luck?

I bought it from Vape Club, maybe i should send it back? Except approximately 2 months ago I bought a cheap Smok vape from vape clup, which predictivly broke after 3 weeks. I emailed them about the problem and posted it back for them to inspect. 2 weeks later after no word from them I emailed again, they said they couldn't find the vape I sent back...no vape, no refund. For that reason I very much doubt that complaining to vape club about my 2 week old geek vape will bring any joy. I won't buy from them again.

I can't remember where I got the batteries, but they are only 3 months old and were quite costly. I never use flee bay anymore for anything, prefer Ali express. Or even better buy second hand from Facebook marketplace or charity shop.

The new vape I ordered is a voopoo Drag 4, I hope to have better luck with it. I want to give a shout out to the company I bought it from. Everything Liquid. Reason 1 is because they refunded me recently when i sent back a concentrate i didn't like. Also because they sell quality and cheap concentrate and everything else vape. I get my knockoff heisenberg and grape there. They have a sale on now as well.
It sounds like I work for them but I don't. I just appreciate a vape company that treats its customers right.

Anyway I've rambled on far too long.:)
Firstly, best of luck with your new mod/tank combo. Hopefully all will be well :)
Secondly, I’ve not had a problem with Vapeclub. If you do send it back, although it’ll cost a bit extra, use a signed-for service. That way, you’ll know it’s been delivered and if it all goes south, you can fall back on the £50 compensation that included (with 2nd class at least).

I don't need to buy much vape gear these days but the wire I use for my coils I buy from Vape Club and I've bought little bits from them for many years and they've never let me down. They've always seemed very professional and efficient.

I use RTA's and every time I fill up I always remove the tank and clean under it because vape juice tends to pool underneath it which can then make it's way via the 510 pin onto the internal electrics.
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do the same. A few days ago I bought a profile x wotofo rta. Its good, and so far completely leek proof.

this comment scared the shit out of me.
out of everything the batteries is the last place you need to try and save a few bucks.
there are thousands of fakes out there and like you id never use ebay,facebook,amazon and even buying direct from china can be a risk.
this is the only place you need to look https://www.fogstar.co.uk/ we also have a 20% off code.
molicel all the way.
Thanks. I'll buy some when I replace my current battery's.

This might sound odd but have you checked the Battery Terminals and cleaned them, also the Batteries can get dirty on the plus and negative. I had a DNA Mod that i though had died but used some Methylated Spirit and cleansed the Terminals and batteries and it work, sounds obvious but some never check.
Mine are clean, but thank-you for the tip.

in 11 yrs ive only had 2 mods die on there arse 1 was a smok alien & some dual 21700 from ecigone which lasted a whole week, other than that my mods work fine including my geekvape legends which are well over 4yrs old they are bullet proof, as for the geekvape l200 from what ive read they are nowhere near as well built..
Its definitely my mistreatment of the mods via juice leekage that is causing my problems. As for the geekvape l200, got unlucky, perhaps people should avoid this model.

Firstly, best of luck with your new mod/tank combo. Hopefully all will be well :)
Secondly, I’ve not had a problem with Vapeclub. If you do send it back, although it’ll cost a bit extra, use a signed-for service. That way, you’ll know it’s been delivered and if it all goes south, you can fall back on the £50 compensation that included (with 2nd class at least).
Thanks for that, i will do what you suggest.

I don't need to buy much vape gear these days but the wire I use for my coils I buy from Vape Club and I've bought little bits from them for many years and they've never let me down. They've always seemed very professional and efficient.
Vape club delivers fast, but they did 'lose' a broken vape I sent back. Always use recorded delivery when using them. What happened did disappoint me.

Update on the broken geekvape l200 from vapeclub...They asked me to send them a video of the broken vape. I did. They then apologised and said they would refund me. They asked me to post back the vape by recorded, then take a pic of the delivery note, then they will refund me that as well.
Quite a hassle overall, but as long as I get my refund I'm happy. Vape club have redeemed themselves a bit.

Still, next time I buy vape concentrate, pg&vg, nicotine or mods I'm buying from Everything Liquid, they helped me so i want to thank them by recommending them. To anyone buying super expensive vape shop e Liquid, mix your own, you will save so much money.
Thanks everyone for your input.

Back
Top Bottom