What's new

Long lasting mods?

Slushii

Initiate
Hi all. Every mod I buy seems to last me 10000 puffs or about 1 month max then dies. Can people please suggest some longer lasting devices please? I need ones that use 18650 x2 batteries and is mod only.

Hi. Geek Vape Aegis are good. My misses one is 3+? yrs old.
Aegis X is hers, Legend is good too. IP67 rated. Dust, water and shock proofing.
Vaporesso Gen 200 is a nice lightweight that works great and has a good rep, no IP rating though.

All the Vaporesso and Geekvape mods that I've bought over the last 6 years are still alive and well.

My oldest Geekvape mod is a G-box dual 18650 squonker mod that I bought used 5 years ago is battered to hell as I've dropped it several times but is still going strong. My OG Aegis Legend is almost 4 years old and still works flawlessly

Mt oldest Vaporesso is a Switcher dual 18650 mod - almost 6 years old now and still perfect, same story with a dual 18650 Polar mod that is at least 5 years old. The only sign of age on both is slight paint wear on the base from putting it down on rough surfaces. I've bought a couple of used Vaaporesso mods - both problem free after a couple of years despite being used as 'pub mods' when I go out on the lash.

Unfortunately all mainstream Chinese vape gear is built down to a price so there is always a possibility you'll get unlucky but I have no reservations in recommending either brand.

Last edited:
I've never had a mod fail on me yet except the old Vamo I bought about 8 years ago.

When people carry them in pockets or have them rolling around in a car they might be more likely to fail if they're handled too roughly. If that's the case perhaps look at something that has a more sturdy design that might withstand a bit more rough handling like the VooPoo Argus.

Hi all. Every mod I buy seems to last me 10000 puffs or about 1 month max then dies. Can people please suggest some longer lasting devices please? I need ones that use 18650 x2 batteries and is mod only.
Which mods have died on you? And what is the nature of the death - mechanical? electrical (chip)?
I have no real concept of puff count - few of my mods have a counter and, at best, they would only record the number of times the fire button is activated so I pay it no heed. But, a month or so does seem an excessively short life :(

I have lost count on the number of mods I've gone through. In the last 5 years it must be 25 at least. Latest one is a geek vape aegis which after 2 weeks is saying one of the batteries is dead, but when I put the battery's in my back up mod they work fine. I've had 3 gen 200 vaparesso in past 3 months. They last 10000 puffs then die.
I must admit that some vape juice occasionally spills over the machines. But recently I've been extra careful with keeping them perfect but they still die.
With all of you saying you have machines lasting years I am shocked, because the longest one lasts for me is 3 months. I must be doing something wrong. I do use them almost constantly but still, wtf?
I've just bought another one this morning by voodoo, I'll see how long it lasts.
Maybe my body gives off some kind of charge that they don't like? Who knows

You seem to be somewhat cursed.
Okay, you’re cited one symptom of one death - potentially not reading a battery. Could it be a battery issue?? Do you use proper batteries - ie, the likes of Molicels from a reputable vendor like Fogstar? or are they eBay specials?
How old are your batteries? Depending upon the number of cycles, they may need replacing annually.
A mod is a fairly simple thing but will potentially fail either mechanically - if dropped for example; or electrically - if dropped or if juice gets into the chip.
It would help if you could be more specific on the deaths, but it sounds like juice ingress may be a cause in some cases.

The majority of fellow vapers will be using their mods “all the time”. Typically, we’ll have a number of mods that get used on a rotation basis, to ring the changes etc, so the same one won’t be being used constantly. However, as others have said, their mods are going strong several years down the line.

How you handle your mods can be an issue - no electrical items like being banged or dropped. it is fine to pocket carry them - but not if it is pissing with rain and your pocket gets wet - it helps if you keep them dry as no electrical items have a good time if moisture gets to the circuitry. Sticking your vape into a polythene bag can help.

You mentioned juice leaks - this does happen but it helps if you wipe any leakage away immediately - and remove the tank at night if the tank is prone to leaking. When you wipe a mod dry - REMOVE THE TANK and dry out the mod 510 and the base of the tank as the 510 area is one of the main areas of juice ingress as it constantly gets hot and cold/expands and contracts when you use the mod so sometimes the 510 seals aren't as robust as you would like, particularly if you vape at high wattages and the mod gets hot.

If the tank you are using constantly leaks - consider buying one that isn't incontinent/uses different stock coils.

Last edited:
Juice getting into a mod will not do it any good at all but a mod packing up after a month shouldn't happen, have you contacted the vendor(s) about it?

Back
Top Bottom