What's new

Lord Callanan present motion today

Andy Clark

To keep everyone up to date, just noticed this (search page for vaping, the page is huge and it's about half way down). So, 1 step forward, let's hope there aren't any steps back!

EDIT: Managed to find a page jump, so link should jump to the motion in question.

We have been staring at that page for a while but not sure it states the motion is today

It's their,
CNT + F and search for Lord Callanan

Lord Callanan to move that a Humble Address be presented to Her Majesty praying that the Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016, laid before the House on 22 April, be annulled on the grounds that its restrictions on product choice and advertising of vaping devices were devised before evidence had accumulated that vaping was enabling many people to quit smoking, run counter to advice from the Royal College of Physicians to promote vaping and are so severe that they could force vapers back to smoking and create a black market with harmful products (SI 2015/507).

It's their,
CNT + F and search for Lord Callanan

Lord Callanan to move that a Humble Address be presented to Her Majesty praying that the Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016, laid before the House on 22 April, be annulled on the grounds that its restrictions on product choice and advertising of vaping devices were devised before evidence had accumulated that vaping was enabling many people to quit smoking, run counter to advice from the Royal College of Physicians to promote vaping and are so severe that they could force vapers back to smoking and create a black market with harmful products (SI 2015/507).
Yes it's there. I've seen it and posted this page already. It's been there at least three days. I can't see a date for the motion to be debated though?

Yes it's there. I've seen it and posted this page already. It's been there at least three days. I can't see a date for the motion to be debated though?

Right at the top Mark. Gives today's date and a 1430 time. I presume this is today's schedule for the house?

Right at the top Mark. Gives today's date and a 1430 time. I presume this is today's schedule for the house?
The first part of that page seems to correspond with this, so hopefully we will see another step in the process to a healthier, sensible future!

As far as I can tell the motion has already been presented - It's now in the 40 days praying time, which ends June 10th...

His full initial comment is here.

The way I understand it, they have until the 10th June to properly discuss/vote on it.

Back
Top Bottom