What's new

How To Make the best cotton wick/coil set up for your dripper!

if you have a pair of mole grips they will help and a small screw driver... how i did mine .25 twisted with 7 wraps on the KFL 1.3ohms :D

keep the twist tight :D I also torched it to keep it rigid after twisting

I use .25, if you wind round a 2.5mm precision screwdriver about 7 or 8 turns will work nicely, even 5 turns will be ok, just remember to squeeze and flame or pulse then pinch as the coil fades (squeeze and flame works best) and don't be tempted to use a whole cotton wool ball, all you need is a piece the size of your little finger before you squeeze it - pleated wool / rolled wool works best, squeeze it gently into shape then roll one end to a point and trim off the wispy bit, slowly pull through the coil until it becomes tight then trim to fit, use a little less if doing something like the Kayfun as you need unsquished cotton both sides of the coil on those...:thumbup:

@Doofry I use 0.20mm kanthal for my micro-coils, same as the guys above ^
How I micro-coil:
Cut 9cm 0.20mm, flame the full length then wind onto a M2 screw leaving 2.5cm legs (coil will be 1.6ohm approx)
Or using a 2mm jewellers screwdriver ;)
Hold the screw end and flame again
Screw out the M2 from the wire, then hold in tweezers and flame again

Luckily I do already have my Helping Hands, makes the whole job easier :D

thanks for the tips peeps, giving it a go now,lol i have just doubled the wire and about to wrap it!

2.2 ohms, now to roll the cotton, i have that bit weighed off lol!

Holy Gods!!
How much better is cotton over silica?!?!?!?!
Snake oil has NEVER tasted so amazing!

Back
Top Bottom