What's new

Making my own E liquid

Your final mix *is* 800ml VG and 200ml PG.

You need 166.67mls of 80/20 nic shots. 1/5 of that is PG: 33.33ml.

If you are mixing with 15% flavour then that's 150ml of PG flavour.

Add another 16.67ml of of PG and that's a total of 200ml of PG.

20mls of flavouring in 1000mls of juice is, like, 2% flavour. That's really low and sounds unusual. What's the recommended percentage for that flavouring?

You need a total of 3000mg (3ml) of nicotine to achieve 0.3% nicotine, or 3mg/ml in 1000ml.

A 10ml nic-shot at 1.8% or 18mg/ml contains 180mg of nicotine.

3000/180 = 16.67 10ml bottles of nic.

I hope this helps.

Have read thread with intererest. Fuck this noise, I'll just keep buying reasonably priced shortfills & top them up with 72mg.... :)

Well i was guessing on the %S , This would be my first attempt ever the 20 ml was a flat out number plucked out of the air trying to get my head around the maths at this point. Starting to feel like this could be abit to complex for me though , I may just attempt a premixed 80/20 vg/pg ive seen though add flavoring and see what happens though ... See if its smokable , doesn't taste like crap and doesnt kill me , And I'm pretty happy tbh, Think i might of over complicated it .

but now i get where i was going wrong i was focusing to much on the ML content and not the milligram content , also not factoring the fact a 10 ml bottle contains 180mg , not 18 well i was in part , but in the main calculation i was not eh .... Anyways ... Im abit closer to figuring it out , it would be near impossible to measure that precisely though , may round up abit.

Why are you guessing the flavour percentage? Isn't there a recommendation?

What flavouring is it?

And I would definitely make a small tester, rather than just dive in to making a whole litre.

If you are making this with 18mg nic shots you'll struggle to get much more than 4% flavouring in and keep the 80/20 ratio.

And yes, make a tester. I only ever make my own but I've never felt the need to mix up more than 50ml at a time...

If you are making this with 18mg nic shots you'll struggle to get much more than 4% flavouring in and keep the 80/20 ratio.

And yes, make a tester. I only ever make my own but I've never felt the need to mix up more than 50ml at a time...
He's using 80/20 nic shots, so he can get up to 15% flavouring or so.

I just use the calculator on makemyvape and find it super easy. All my flavours have a recommended mix percentage and I just knock up a couple of 50mls at a time.

Back
Top Bottom