What's new

Making the News again.

Haha yes I noticed that after I posted the pic, tbh don't see that many dog ends these days, just plenty of disposables.
Have to say it's the opposite where I live, dont see many disposibles but lots of fag buts still.

Have to say it's the opposite where I live, dont see many disposibles but lots of fag buts still.
Same here, it blows me away going to a fishing spot and seeing a dozen or more recent cig butts there. At 2 bucks a cig they in that session blew more money than I do in 3 weeks vaping. Im yet to see a disposable where I am. We are a bit tidier here though than the city slickers so maybe in Melbourne it'd be a different story.

Same here, it blows me away going to a fishing spot and seeing a dozen or more recent cig butts there. At 2 bucks a cig they in that session blew more money than I do in 3 weeks vaping. Im yet to see a disposable where I am. We are a bit tidier here though than the city slickers so maybe in Melbourne it'd be a different story.
I live in a smallish village in the south east of england but do live only a mile away from a big senior school. I do lots of walking each day (5-10 mile) in the area and only come across one or two in a week. Far more discarded fag butts and quite a few of those little metal laughing gas canisters.

As you say, the level of disposibles, fag butts, canisters etc that are littering our streets will vary greatly depending on the demographics.

I have to say the level of general rubbish that is littered is not good.

I live in a smallish village in the south east of england but do live only a mile away from a big senior school. I do lots of walking each day (5-10 mile) in the area and only come across one or two in a week. Far more discarded fag butts and quite a few of those little metal laughing gas canisters.

As you say, the level of disposibles, fag butts, canisters etc that are littering our streets will vary greatly depending on the demographics.

I have to say the level of general rubbish that is littered is not good.
True mate. The general rubbish utterly drives me mad here.
It does depend on where one is. I am so thankful I live where I do hillbilly town. Last time I went to Melbourne it was like visiting some future apocalypse town. Rubbish in streets that just 10 yrs ago you have though it was fake on TV. It blew us away.

An article caught my eye -
Why disposables should not be banned
http://taking-liberties.squarespace...hy-disposable-vapes-should-not-be-banned.html
Truth is, whatever their environmental impact, banning disposable vapes would be a massive backward step for a government that has put its faith in e-cigarettes as a safer alternative to smoking.

It would also deny consumers choice although the unregulated black market would quickly meet demand because there is one very simple reason why single use vapes are popular with consumers - convenience.

As I wrote here seven years ago:

My gut feeling – based on no research whatsoever – is that if hundreds of millions of smokers worldwide are to switch to vaping (e-cigarettes or heat not burn products) the device has to be as simple to use as a combustible cigarette.

I based my argument on the fact that in the 20th century the convenience of the mass manufactured cigarette effectively made the pipe obsolete, and the only way for the cigarette to be consigned to history in the 21st century is for consumers to be offered something that is just as easy (and pleasurable) to use as the combustible cigarette, and many e-cigarettes aren't.

Back
Top Bottom