What's new

Making the News again.

no problem with it looking like something that is intended for 10 year olds?

The way I see it, is that the image (also a possible copyright infringement) is replicating the flavour of Skittles sweets, which is what the flavour is supposed to taste like...

So excluding the possible copyright infringement, I don't see a problem with the packaging.

If it had something like cuddly toys or super heroes on it or something, then I would say that it could be interpreted as being marketed to kids.

I dont see that there is a situation, well not in the UK at least. The only instances of any restrictions I`ve experienced are with ebay, who mediated for people selling shite anyway, and paypal who are under the impression that they can moralise on my behalf.

I dont see that there is a situation, well not in the UK at least. The only instances of any restrictions I`ve experienced are with ebay, who mediated for people selling shite anyway, and paypal who are under the impression that they can moralise on my behalf.

aye, i agree to be honest despite sometimes hysterical posts i see here. i think disposables will prob be banned in here in scotland but that’s a good thing imo.

by “the situation” i was meaning the fact that articles like the one posted above are being published, though. that there is vaping paraphernalia that looks like something aimed at weans is always going to cause negative attention.

by “the situation” i was meaning the fact that articles like the one posted above are being published, though. that there is vaping paraphernalia that looks like something aimed at weans is always going to cause negative attention.

There are apparently quite a few people out there (and this includes many policy makers) that think that just because vapes are available in sweet & fruity flavours, means that they are aimed at kids.. they don't seem to understand the basic concept that most adults like & prefer sweet flavours in vapes too...

People who don’t smoke are not very interested in e-cigarettes, no matter what flavours they have, but smokers like them.

I doubt they will be banned... restricted to fewer outlets would prob be the first course of action if any...you can't just swing the ban hammer straight off.
Even if they eventually do (which I doubt) it won't be because there are a couple lying about the streets amongst the dog shit n gum....it will be because of the bright packaging , but again this can be addressed without a ban.
Flavours play a part n they could limit disposables to baccy only...again addressing the issue without a ban......your ban daft mental...stop it Kim Jong Un :)

It's no as easy to ban stuff as you would think (rightly so) hence why a shift by some seem to be in favour of supporting them (disposables) as a tool but with probable restrictions.

Last edited:
There are apparently quite a few people out there (and this includes many policy makers) that think that just because vapes are available in sweet & fruity flavours, means that they are aimed at kids.. they don't seem to understand the basic concept that most adults like & prefer sweet flavours in vapes too...

People who don’t smoke are not very interested in e-cigarettes, no matter what flavours they have, but smokers like them.

you are missing the point though, i was no talking about flavours. i was talking about the designs on the packaging and adverts.

I doubt they will be banned... restricted to fewer outlets would prob be the first course of action if any...you can't just swing the ban hammer straight off.
Even if they eventually do (which I doubt) it won't be because there are a couple lying about the streets amongst the dog shit n gum....it will be because of the bright packaging , but again this can be addressed without a ban.
Flavours play a part n they could limit disposables to baccy only...again addressing the issue without a ban......your ban daft mental...stop it Kim Jong Un :)

It's no as easy to ban stuff as you would think (rightly so) hence why a shift by some seem to be in favour of supporting them (disposables) as a tool but with probable restrictions.

i’m no so sure, glasgow council voted in favour of supporting a ban a few weeks ago. dundee a while before that. i think it could happen. they banned plastic straws, chippy forks and drinkin buckie in parks, mind. thing get banned quite a lot in scotland. :)

i’m no so sure, glasgow council voted in favour of supporting a ban a few weeks ago. dundee a while before that. i think it could happen. they banned plastic straws, chippy forks and drinkin buckie in parks, mind. thing get banned quite a lot in scotland. :)

Fkin dangerous that is..... based on what evidence was presented to them....very little I would imagine.

Fkin dangerous that is..... based on what evidence was presented to them....very little I would imagine.

i would guess the same evidence that led them to ban forks and straws. millions of bits of plastic shit bein binned and thrown in the street every day.

Back
Top Bottom