What's new

Making the News again.

i’m not saying nic is harmful per se for you or i using it responsibly. but there is evidence that it’s not good for children, and that is what the thread here is about. children vaping. the idea that children vaping is okay is quite a novel one that i’ve only ever heard anyone say, or imply, on here.

There is evidence alcohol is not good for children but no one is clamouring for that to be banned. Children do lots of things they legally aren't allowed to which I think is what some folk have said but I don't know who you think is saying or implying children vaping is ok on here, perhaps you could enlighten us.

Teenagers drinking, smoking and/or vaping is never encouraged by any sensible person, and most here are just that. Regulation has come too late, and the industry has done its best to shoot itself in the foot, so that there is the need to act. But if I may inject a personal experience, I started smoking and drinking when I was 13. I never had a problem accessing either, despite strict legislation.

Anti-vaping activists rarely understand the basic principles of public health policies. As I work in the field, I can say that policies should be based on prevention and an assessment of relative harm. And I believe any reasonable parent would rather their child didn’t use any substances, but that same parent would have to prefer their child vaping rather than smoking.

According to a study a few years ago, if activists actually want to stop teenagers from harming themselves, smoking and drinking are the 2nd and 3rd most harmful voluntary activities, and the fourth is far, far behind them.

The most dangerous voluntary activity for young people per participant is…RIDING! It’s about time all those busybody mothers and social activists turn their attention to ending rich people’s hobbies. :18:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Teenagers drinking, smoking and/or vaping is never encouraged by any sensible person, and most here are just that. Regulation has come too late, and the industry has done its best to shoot itself in the foot, so that there is the need to act. But if I may inject a personal experience, I started smoking and drinking when I was 13. I never had a problem accessing either, despite strict legislation.

Anti-vaping activists rarely understand the basic principles of public health policies. As I work in the field, I can say that policies should be based on prevention and an assessment of relative harm. And I believe any reasonable parent would rather their child didn’t use any substances, but that same parent would have to prefer their child vaping rather than smoking.

According to a study a few years ago, if activists actually want to stop teenagers from harming themselves, smoking and drinking are the 2nd and 3rd most harmful voluntary activities, and the fourth is far, far behind them.

The most dangerous voluntary activity for young people per participant is…RIDING! It’s about time all those busybody mothers and social activists turn their attention to ending rich people’s hobbies. :18:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
That last part had me spit my coffee out

There is evidence alcohol is not good for children but no one is clamouring for that to be banned. Children do lots of things they legally aren't allowed to which I think is what some folk have said but I don't know who you think is saying or implying children vaping is ok on here, perhaps you could enlighten us.

there are anti alcohol campaigners. it’s even quite mainstream. where i live drinking in public is banned. you get a fine for having a beer in the park, and you can’t take your pint outside the pub unless it has an officially sanctioned outdoor seating area.

‘I vape in secret in order to escape the judgement – but I'm not ashamed of it’
From Australia -
https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/heal...t/news-story/daf330bb877f806eeffd5dabe84ebe07
I have heard all of the concerns, all of the risks associated with vaping. I have heard them from friends, family, colleagues and even random strangers who have literally come up to me on the street to give me mini-lectures on why my decision to vape is reckless.

Could end up that way in the UK soon with all the negative propaganda...

From Australia -
https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/heal...t/news-story/daf330bb877f806eeffd5dabe84ebe07

Vaping has had negative propaganda for as long as I can remember.....it just so happens the ban brigade extremists are focused on disposables at the moment, which leaves us free to chug like a train....

Vaping has had negative propaganda for as long as I can remember.....it just so happens the ban brigade extremists are focused on disposables at the moment, which leaves us free to chug like a train....
First they came for the disposables and I did not speak, because I was chugging
Then they came for the pods and I did not speak, because I was chugging
Then they came for the aios and I did not speak, because I was chugging
Then they came for my rdas, but there were no vapers left to speak for me
:mad::mad::mad:

From Australia -

I see the same thing happening here in Norway. They’ve threatened us with draconian legislation since before the pandemic.

But this is the biggest problem in all western democracies today (and maybe always), that most people would rather be fed slogans than read and think critically…

:woot: From Ashtray Blog, will need to further verify.

WHO’s Latest Assault Could Destroy Vaping As We Know It

Early reports suggest the World Health Organisation (WHO) is about to launch a new assault on vaping.

Indeed, The New Nicotine Alliance (NNA) has identified proposals that are likely to destroy vaping as we know it.

What’s more, member states like the UK are bound by law to apply the proposals.

In this post we’ll cover some of the worst proposals, and what the New Nicotine Alliance (NNA) suggest we do about it.

What is The WHO proposing?
Demanding that vaping and tobacco products are treated and taxed equally

The WHO will redefine vapour from vaping devices as cigarette smoke. (1)

That’s despite the fact that vapour is not smoke, and carries far fewer toxins and heavy metals than cigarette smoke.

Other proposed measures include:

• taxing vaping products on the same level as cigarettes
  • applying cigarette-style packaging and advertising restrictions
  • banning vaping in smoking-prohibited areas.

https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/...321308538&mc_cid=a60c26c816&mc_eid=b4d3b5caae

Back
Top Bottom