What's new

masks and distancing

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
I still do both but get very frustrated when others dont do it. What grates with me is the fact that my actions are protecting the people around me. By others not bothering is putting me at risk. Very selfish in my eyes.

I don’t care what others do or think I wear a mask(some say I look better with one on) in shops and I just do dodgems in busy places. Unfortunately apathy is a big part of British culture.

I don't always, but I know that I should.

I hardly see anybody wearing one these days and it fuels my apathy... if you're not going to wear a mask to protect me, why should I wear one to protect you?

But then I see some older dude masking up before getting his trolley and it shames me into going back to the car and getting mine.

TLDR: Ashamed to say, I'm a sheep.

I still do both. Seems to be the norm in Scotland still.

Yes, still a requirement in Scotland.

it’s interesting, i’ve noticed recently more people not bothering. mostly on public transport. been on the subway a few times over the last month and always a couple of folk not wearing one, and was on a bus two weeks ago and less than half of the folk on there had a mask on.

they seem to still be wearing them in the shops though.

it’s interesting, i’ve noticed recently more people not bothering. mostly on public transport. been on the subway a few times over the last month and always a couple of folk not wearing one, and was on a bus two weeks ago and less than half of the folk on there had a mask on.

they seem to still be wearing them in the shops though.
That makes no sense. A bus or subway train is more confined than a shop ![emoji38]

That makes no sense. A bus or subway train is more confined than a shop ![emoji38]

i know! i wondered about that myself. two possible explanations i came up with - less chance of getting pulled up (definitely so on subway, there are no staff in the carriages), or, folk that live round about my area are more compliant, and the people on the bus/subway were travelling to or from places where nobody bothers any more. who knows.

Yep always wear a mask in shops or anywhere public indoors and still distance as well. Less and less people are doing so though especially on the buses or on the metro and I'm still not averse to telling people to back the fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom