What's new

Mech Mods with Tanks

alees19

Hi

I have a Smok TFV4 Mini (0.15 ohms) and the new Aspire Cleito (0.20 ohms) that i usually run on a Sigalai 150w TC Mod.

Question i have is, Can i run either of these on my Tugboat Luglyfe Mech mod Clone. Its the rectangular one that runs 2 efest 18650 battery ?

I've heard mixing mechs and tanks can cause shorts from a colleague.

Thanks

You will be fine on a 51p threadded mech. Just DONT USE A HYBRID!!!

Just remember about your battery ampage and voltage drop and youll be fine

I run my Goblin on a couple of hybrids (the pos pin on the Goblin protrudes a good 1mm) with flat-top batteries and I've never had an issue. If it's a hybrid, always attach the tank first, then screw the button up to it, and don't over tighten.

The trouble with the likes of the SMOK and the Subtank is the pin sits nearly flush with the threads. With these, just make sure the 510 connector on the mod has an adjustable centre pin and you'll be good to go (so long as it's narrower than the pos pin on the tank and won't risk touching the neg side of things).

And as @wraith says, never use your temp control heads with a mech. Pop goes the coil...

I run my Goblin on a couple of hybrids (the pos pin on the Goblin protrudes a good 1mm) with flat-top batteries and I've never had an issue. If it's a hybrid, always attach the tank first, then screw the button up to it, and don't over tighten.

The trouble with the likes of the SMOK and the Subtank is the pin sits nearly flush with the threads. With these, just make sure the 510 connector on the mod has an adjustable centre pin and you'll be good to go (so long as it's narrower than the pos pin on the tank and won't risk touching the neg side of things).

And as @wraith says, never use your temp control heads with a mech. Pop goes the coil...
'pop' is the happy result with titanium.

Accidentally dry burned a ti coil when I was cleaning my mostly kanthal drippers. Definitely a brown alert moment.

Back
Top Bottom