What's new

Mech Mods?

There is quite a difference in mechs performance, depending on material, build and switch etc. Copper mods are good, however Aluminium is higher in conductivity and lighter. If you are looking for a good starter setup, I would highly recommend "The Brass" by Scottua from Flatwireuk.com and an Xephos RDA. It is a non-hybrid Mech and don;t be fooled, it's stunning and hits harder than a lot of hybrids I have tried. In fact in competitions, they have taken the top spot a number of times. The Xephos is a flavour machine.

There is quite a difference in mechs performance, depending on material, build and switch etc. Copper mods are good, however Aluminium is higher in conductivity and lighter. If you are looking for a good starter setup, I would highly recommend "The Brass" by Scottua from Flatwireuk.com and an Xephos RDA. It is a non-hybrid Mech and don;t be fooled, it's stunning and hits harder than a lot of hybrids I have tried. In fact in competitions, they have taken the top spot a number of times. The Xephos is a flavour machine.
Thanks for the reply mate, i was under the impression copper was the go to due to conducting better? The aluminium ones seem to be a lot cheaper which isn't a bad thing!

Ive got a cheapo FU aluminium mech with magnetic switch and 510 pin that hits well.
About a tenner from our far eastern friends.
My SMPL's are my goto mech of choice, also about a tenner.
The Praxis clone switch skins my finger after a days use but as safe as houses when compared to the SMPL.
The 4/9 switch sucks, so it doesnt get much luvin.
The Nemesis is my 2nd goto mech, also about a tenner.
For non clone versions of the above, you'll need advice from a mech expert (not me...).

Thanks for the reply mate, i was under the impression copper was the go to due to conducting better? The aluminium ones seem to be a lot cheaper which isn't a bad thing!

Precisely, copper is a good conducter but the aluminium hits hardest, I've just invested in as limited SCNDRL which is annodised Aluminium and from reports, it's a beast...

The brass is a good mod, I still use mine. The clone SMPL's are also incredibly good and cheap. Of course, the thing that makes the most difference is the build, you want (safe) low ohms and greater surface area... that gives you the killer vape :)

Precisely, copper is a good conducter but the aluminium hits hardest, I've just invested in as limited SCNDRL which is annodised Aluminium and from reports, it's a beast...

The brass is a good mod, I still use mine. The clone SMPL's are also incredibly good and cheap. Of course, the thing that makes the most difference is the build, you want (safe) low ohms and greater surface area... that gives you the killer vape :)

Might grab a clone for the money just to see what its like, thanks for the advice :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom