What's new

Menthol in Disposables

I don't mind a wee bit of menthol in a blackcurrant/cherry/raspberry in the wintertime......it has a time and place, but I soon tire of it come the spring.

I think the most basic explanation is that you wouldn`t dream of drinking warn lemonade or fruit juice and it is an attempt a mimicing that coolness, for instance I`ve never heard of a menthol custard juice

You maybe getting slightly confused between mint an menthol - most do.

they are very different things. Mint tastes of well … mint and its cooling effect is very very mild - it actually has a flavour profile and can be nice to work with. And there are many different kinds.

menthol tastes of just menthol - and there is not a lot in it between menthols other than strength - it has a slightly medicinal mouthwash twang. It can be ok used in very small quantities in a mint sometimes - but use too much and it tastes like you would imagine toilet duck to taste. Its makes everything taste like tunes or cough sweets to me - its got a eucalptus twang to it.

Im not personally a fan. But it is easy to make a passable menthol juice - because menthol.

ws23 or its weaker cousin “koolada” are different again - no flavour profile, just cooling.

Ws stands for wilkinson sword - because it is the substance that gives their shave gel the cooling effect on your skin - and that is what it was created for.
A good bit of history there mate.

You maybe getting slightly confused between mint an menthol - most do.

they are very different things. Mint tastes of well … mint and its cooling effect is very very mild - it actually has a flavour profile and can be nice to work with. And there are many different kinds.

menthol tastes of just menthol - and there is not a lot in it between menthols other than strength - it has a slightly medicinal mouthwash twang. It can be ok used in very small quantities in a mint sometimes - but use too much and it tastes like you would imagine toilet duck to taste. Its makes everything taste like tunes or cough sweets to me - its got a eucalptus twang to it.

Im not personally a fan. But it is easy to make a passable menthol juice - because menthol.

ws23 or its weaker cousin “koolada” are different again - no flavour profile, just cooling.

Ws stands for wilkinson sword - because it is the substance that gives their shave gel the cooling effect on your skin - and that is what it was created for.

And thats why my mint ice recipe uses peppermint spearmint and menthol. I find spearmint a bit soapy on it's own, but a lot of peppermint is unvapable. A touch of menthol mellows it all together if left for a few days.

And thats why my mint ice recipe uses peppermint spearmint and menthol. I find spearmint a bit soapy on it's own, but a lot of peppermint is unvapable. A touch of menthol mellows it all together if left for a few days.
Yes used correctly it CAN accentuate a juice without you knowing its even there - if the juice is a mint

Yup, my mix only uses 2% menthol, enough to make your nose run and your eyes water if you vape it all day, lol

My missus approves because it stops my snoring she says, in fact she can tell when I haven't vaped it. Pushing it even further, she made up my last litre mix, LOL....

Thing is menthol was/is popular in eliquid long before disposables.....it's even a popular thing in fags....folks like it so it's a thing.
It may seem to some like pouring curry sauce over chicken, hiding a multitude of sins...to others it's all about the sauce.

Last edited:
Thing is menthol was/is popular in eliquid long before disposables.....it's even a popular thing in fags....folks like it so it's a thing.
It may seem to some like pouring curry sauce over chicken, hiding a multitude of sins...to others it's all about the sauce.
I think its more about “ice” in deplorables isnt it ?

Back
Top Bottom