What's new

Mesh Wick in a dripper.

Got to ask, I gather SS wick touching atty body is a no-no? If so, how to hoover up juice from wells?

And EmbraSewerRat - Is that just a solid mesh wick? No silica etc in the core?

As you can guess, still reading up on this as I skipped the Genny bit of rebuildables class. Went straight to cotton (via a brief dalliance with Silica that ended badly) and missed out on a few good lessons methinks.

I use mesh in my gennies, mesh touching the body is ok because if you've burned it right and created an oxidised area between the mesh and coil then it creates its own insulation otherwise just having the mesh in would play havoc with the ohms.

uploadfromtaptalk1425759870868.jpg
My current favourite rda setup. Only device I've used in 2 weeks. Just finished rebuilding it for another 2 weeks use. Tasty. :)

However the chimney coil I've just put in the kf4 is edging into second place....

Got to ask, I gather SS wick touching atty body is a no-no? If so, how to hoover up juice from wells?

And @EmbraSewerRat - Is that just a solid mesh wick? No silica etc in the core?

As you can guess, still reading up on this as I skipped the Genny bit of rebuildables class. Went straight to cotton (via a brief dalliance with Silica that ended badly) and missed out on a few good lessons methinks.

The wick can touch base, just no the -ve pin or it goes all sparky!!

Nope, not nae silica, don't like the stuff. Some do, fair play and it is mentioned as useful, but meh.

There's plenty good videos and a good few 'best genny wicks' threads around, quite educational!

I heard about mesh in Rda's awhile back, so knocked up a couple and bunged them in the Origen clone. This has made an already flavoursome dripper into a "mouth curdling "device, even at silly wattages a dry hit doesn't destroy my tonsils like cotton so it is now the device I use for taste testing my diy mixes.

I'd go for mesh in my squonkers if I could figure out how to curve the mesh and without struggling to avoid hotshots at 8.4V as anything slightly hotter than its neighbours simply melts instantly. :D

I heard about mesh in Rda's awhile back, so knocked up a couple and bunged them in the Origen clone. This has made an already flavoursome dripper into a "mouth curdling "device, even at silly wattages a dry hit doesn't destroy my tonsils like cotton so it is now the device I use for taste testing my diy mixes.

I'd go for mesh in my squonkers if I could figure out how to curve the mesh and without struggling to avoid hotshots at 8.4V as anything slightly hotter than its neighbours simply melts instantly. :D

Try cutting the mesh diagonally which allows for a bend without too much kinking. I've not done it but have seen it done

Still not really for me as even if I got a smooth curve,the hotspot issue won't go away.At 8.4 volts,the wire simply falls apart if it has a hotspot long before I get chance to tweak it away with tweezers/pliers .

Try microcoil and pulsing at 4.2v or less chegs then putting in the slug after you've set the coil,the rizzla paper trick worth a try if ur still struggling

I've not tried at 8.4v tbh but I will have a bash later in week see how it goes

Back
Top Bottom