What's new

Mesh wicking rods

Billie86

Postman
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me, as I have had no luck on Google. A few months back I bought the Nitrous rdta, absolutely love it, especially the rods they use (mesh) instead of those cables that the stubby, profile and brunhilde 1o3 rta does. I didnt even no mesh rods were a thing. Anyway I want to make my own for all my rdta's as I prefer it. I have the sheets of very fine mesh, just don't know whether I'm suppose to treat it before or do I just cut into a sizeable piece and roll ‍♀️ really hope someone can help. Thanks in advance ☺️

In the old genysis(sp) days I remember people torching mesh wicks, dunno if it'd still hold true for what you're trying to do so I guess your only recourse is to try both and see what works best.

When I use meah in a gennie I will heat up the mesh, but it's more to do with oxidation of the mesh when the wire is wrapped around the coil. As for the answer to this question I would say it should make no difference if its burned or not as it's there to carry the flavor.

I wouldn't bother. The mesh sheets that come with Atemporal RDTA don't say to treat them, just roll them up.

Thought I remembered that Todd had covered this! Basically you want to burn the oils and impurities off the mesh first :D

Back
Top Bottom