What's new

MHRA statement after TPD vote supports amendment 170

The strange thing is, that the cigalikes are crap to be perfectly honest.
Most people who have used them, end up taking the step up to vaping, as they are ok to a point.
The cigalikes seem to be as effective as traditional NRT, and in my opinion, most people seem to quit or reduce stinkies after starting vaping.
Let the big companies go down the medicinal route, just leave us alone.

Agreed .. though they do have their uses .. especially the disposable ones

flights for a start

While I do NOT agree that eliquid should be classed as a medicine, I do think that a full ingredient breakdown should be supplied with eliquids and confirmed by a third party. With the growing popularity of Vaping, will come competition. Now while many vendors of eliquid will be 100% genuine, there will be some that need to sell liquids to pay the bills. Could this lead to additional ingredients being added to liquids to make them taste and perform to a higher standard than is available through the current ingredients? Chemicals or untested ingredients could be added without the consumers knowledge, without some kind of independent testing, you would be none the wiser. The FDA regulates food ingredients and I do not think it would be a bad idea for a governing body to regulate the contents of eliquid... if there isn't already?

The cigalikes seem to be as effective as traditional NRT, and in my opinion, most people seem to quit or reduce stinkies after starting vaping.
Let the big companies go down the medicinal route, just leave us alone.

I'd personally prefer my taxes being spent on cigalikes which act as a gateway to "proper" vaping, rather than the current NRT products which act as a gateway back to smoking for thousands.

I agree with you 100%! Let us have our slice of the pie our way, and let the big companies have their slice.

Back
Top Bottom