What's new

Molicel P42a doesn't fit in Voopoo Drag X Plus? Help needed

was this test done in the drag x plus? Only ask because it doesn’t have buck/boost so you would expect some drop off as the charge levels drop.
Hey man, been researching a bit about what you posted, since I'm kind of disappointed that the DX+ doesn't retain more of its performance when battery drops. Would you have a recommendation for a (good looking -not the Jackaroo for example) better performing single 21700 mod? Kinda flirting with the idea of the Odin 100W or the Grus.
I noticed on one of my p42s that the positive plate is pushed slightly in. Been used mostly in a pico squeeze 2 for the last 6-9 months, so think it may be from screwing down battery cap if the plate was higher than usuall or dropping the battery into the tube that the contact as pushed it in.
its not enough to be concerned about and still works fine.
Yeah, my battery worked too, but it was a bit quirky. Replaced it and all's fine now. Still a very tight fit, though.

Aspire finnix, ehpro coldsteel 120,sxk something (looks like the old yihi), mechlyfe paramour, pico 21700/pico S

Aspire finnix, ehpro coldsteel 120,sxk something (looks like the old yihi), mechlyfe paramour, pico 21700/pico S
Thanks for your suggestions!

Out of all of these, I would only maybe consider the Mechlyfe and the Ehpro. They are kinda nice. But still, I find the Drag X+ much prettier. Maybe its performance is not as good, but I love the way it looks and feels in the hand. I know, a mod's purpose isn't to look good, but I'm a sucker for good looking devices (and I don't find that many good looking).

I've also been reading up on the Odin 100W and I've read reports about Dovpo's chips dying within a year of use, which, if true, is unacceptable. The Lost Vape Grus looks kinda good, but still not amazing. Vaporesso is busy releasing 10 different versions of the Gen and Lux instead of releasing what's missing from the market (Like, come on, do a Gen Mini or Gen 1/2, whatever). Whenever I stop using my Gen X for a while and use my other devices, going back to the Gen feels like a breath of fresh air. Instant power, performs about the same until the batteries die, batteries last much longer than on my Voopoo... The list goes on. For now, I ordered a pair of Molicel P28a batteries for it, just to give it some love.

I have the Cold Steel 100, it weights a ton, but more importantly it seems a bit hard on battery life, lovely mod though.

Small update. Well, I got fed up with the (lack of) performance of the Drag X+ and ended up getting a Lost Vape Grus. First impressions are generally positive, but damn is that thing heavy. No battery, no atty on top and it weighs quite a bit more than the Drag with a 21700 in and an atty on top. I don't mind the weight (kinda like it in fact), but what gets me a bit is the size, it's quite a bit larger than the Drag. Due to the shape it's comfortable to hold though, and the fact that it can take attys up to 30mm is a huge plus, as none of my other devices can do that. Although now that I think of it, an Aromamizer Plus wouldn't really be a great fit for a single battery mod, but whatever.

Anyway, the reason I got it is performance, and so far it seems to offer that to me. Plopped my P42a in there and would you look at that, it barely fits, I have to push it in and shake the device to get it out. These things are huge. But anyway, it's keeping up with higher resistance builds (have a pair of handmade SS316 coils from Tesla Coils that are ~0.24Ω for the pair, which the Drag can barely handle due to the voltage requirements) and mesh is fine too (although mesh was kinda mostly fine on the Drag too). So far I'm happy. So happy in fact that I also ordered a Profile RDTA. I'm an idiot. :D

Back
Top Bottom