What's new

Molicel P42a doesn't fit in Voopoo Drag X Plus? Help needed

Well, I got called fucking stupid, it's still there. If it's there only because I deserved it, then I'm ok with that level of moderation. If it's justified, leave the post as is and maybe post a reminder about "no profanity" rules. :D
proper as in must be able to understand :)
all good I'm only messing

Get a refund and stick with the 30 and 40Ts, they are superb batteries.

Can you weigh it - the P42A?
I just weighed both my batteries. The 40T ended up at 68 grams, while the P42a was 69 (nice) grams.
View attachment 241924

Just looked at my P42A from fogstar and on the side it says it's 42,000 MAH :18: Thought I would post as you really can't judge that it's a fake from photos (unless it's super obvious such as the wrong number of leg pins) or solely by discrepancies in the wrap printing, the quality, font etc can vary drastically depending on the machine used and the batch. A better example would be with the Sony VTC5s as they vary massively depending on what country and machine they print the wraps on.
As others have said it's always best not to use it and to contact the manufacturer or point of sale if in doubt. Glad to see you didn't catch fire when bending the positive pin though :p:18:
Well, I'm still alive, so that's good :D
proper as in must be able to understand :)
all good I'm only messing
Hahaha all good mate, I got it.

So is it real or is it fake?
If it's real but doesn't fit in the mod is the mode fake?

That's the correct weight, how do you charge your bats, what brand and model of charger?
Yeah, it is.

For the time being, I'm using a measly XTAR VC2 I bought because it's cheap and reliable (but it's SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW). I do plan on upgrading at some point, so suggestions are welcome.

Also, I spoke with the manager of the store. Great guy. He said that they're buying batteries from the manufacturers directly (the store is the biggest wholesale store for vaping gear in Greece AFAIK), so there's basically no chance the battery is a fake. He still offered to exchange it for me or offer a refund. I mean, it may not be fake, it may be defective or something. So all is good. Problem sorted and faith in one of my favorite vaping stores restored. I'm happy enough to have a vape after sex again. It's not the same as a cigarette, but it gets the message across just fine. :D

So is it real or is it fake?
If it's real but doesn't fit in the mod is the mode fake?
It's probably real. Thing is, the Molicels are indeed a tiny bit larger than other 21700 batteries, so it's normal. Thing is, if it's a tight fit anyway, being on the higher end of manufacturing tolerances could spell trouble.

The mod isn't fake. The guy I got it from is a very close friend. Small town store, so limited selection of gear, but never fakery. It's probably just a design thing. The 40T fits in the mod perfectly. Also, although I have a feeling that he was bullshitting me, the first guy I spoke with from the store I got the battery from said that the different colors of the Drag X Plus have different tolerances between them. He also said that batteries like the Sony VTC6A don't fit in this particular mod at all. Maybe he's onto something, maybe he was pulling it out of his arse, but it doesn't matter in the end.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is.

For the time being, I'm using a measly XTAR VC2 I bought because it's cheap and reliable (but it's SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW). I do plan on upgrading at some point, so suggestions are welcome.

I use an old Nitecore D4 as back up, and a MiBoxer C4 for main charging duties, both adapted to accept 21700. the Boxer was supposed to be 21700 compatible but it wasn't, I won it, a decent charger nonetheless.

Also, I spoke with the manager of the store. Great guy. He said that they're buying batteries from the manufacturers directly (the store is the biggest wholesale store for vaping gear in Greece AFAIK), so there's basically no chance the battery is a fake. He still offered to exchange it for me or offer a refund. I mean, it may not be fake, it may be defective or something. So all is good. Problem sorted and faith in one of my favorite vaping stores restored.

I've seen the pics and everything else you have said, I don't consider your P42A to be fake, faulty yes.

I'm happy enough to have a vape after sex again. It's not the same as a cigarette, but it gets the message across just fine. :D

The message being what, exactly? :D

I use an old Nitecore D4 as back up, and a MiBoxer C4 for main charging duties, both adapted to accept 21700. the Boxer was supposed to be 21700 compatible but it wasn't, I won it, a decent charger nonetheless.

I've seen the pics and everything else you have said, I don't consider your P42A to be fake, faulty yes.
I was thinking about getting the XTAR VC4s. It supports (supposedly) everything from a 18350 (maybe even smaller) to a 26650. Although, the VC2 also is supposed to support the same battery sizes, but I can't see how it would fit a 26650. The 21700 basically takes up the whole charging bay. But hey, it can do 21700 and I don't plan on going 26650, so all's cool. I mainly want something faster and more fully featured, like maybe discharge/restore functions or whatever.

The message being what, exactly? :D
"Hmmm... That was GOOD! You can go wash your mouth now babe". :D

God, I hope the missus isn't secretly a member of this forum. :P

I wish I'd never asked :11: :18:
Well, you did, and I humoured you. What did you expect? I'd let her use my vape after going down on my drip tip? :D

(Good God, I need these lockdowns to end so I can go out more :P )

Small update. Since I was assured the battery was not fake, I decided to test it a bit before sending it back for a replacement. I was ready to ask for a 40T, mind you. As I had said, the battery seemed to be performing poorly, not hitting as hard as the 40T at decreased charge. By 50% it was weak. Usable, but noticeably lacking in power (all testing was done with the Zeus X with a A1 NexMesh 0.13Ω at 70W). Thing is, the 40T seemed to me like it was performing better under similar circumstances, but the charge would drop off a cliff quickly under 60-70%. Also, when charging the 40T from completely empty to 100%, the charger would show about 3400mAh charged. Well, thing is, the damn Molicel just wouldn't die. I was chain vaping for hours and hours with less than 50% battery left, the performance had dropped quite a bit (which at first led me to believe it was actually fake) but it kept going on and on. It finally died at some point, WAY later than I had expected, so I left it to charge overnight. Same charger, same mod, the Molicel topped up with 3930mAh. 3930! Unbelievable! After I took it out of the charger, I put it in my mod and it immediately fired great, hitting obviously harder than the full 40T. Soooo... Yeah, not fake, it's either faulty or it has to do with manufacturing tolerances. So I emailed the shop and asked for another Molicel. Let's hope this works out for me. The bright side to all of this is that a) now I know the Molicel is actually the best battery if you can fit it in your mod and b) the shop is actually great and exceeded my expectations, so they won me back as a customer.

I feel like I haven't said it enough times already, so I'll say it again. Thank you everyone for taking the time to help, each in their own way, be it analysis of the battery or calling me fucking stupid like I deserved. :D

Back
Top Bottom