What's new

Molicel P42a doesn't fit in Voopoo Drag X Plus? Help needed

Or u r not using enough force, push the battery in with your finger, u will need a little more pressure than that to slide the door closed
If the 510 atty connector flies off the mod, I'm sueing you. :D

I did. To the point I was afraid I'd break something. It doesn't have enough wiggle room to fit that thing in there. I can press it until it sits flush, but then the nipple on the negative side (battery door) prevents me from closing the thing. If I manually hold it like that, the mod works but, well, what's the point?

I shot an email to the shop. Let's see what they have to say.
I honestly dont know how hard to guage how hard u press, r u good at opening pickle jars or do u need to give it to someone stronger to help?

If u need to give it to someone stronger, give the mod to them and see if it just closes for them with only a little bit of force

I honestly dont know how hard to guage how hard u press, r u good at opening pickle jars or do u need to give it to someone stronger to help?

If u need to give it to someone stronger, give the mod to them and see if it just closes for them with only a little bit of force
I'm like the local champion at pickle jar opening. :P

In all seriousness though, I think I'm applying enough force to it. 40T goes in like a breeze, P42a doesn't even if I try to cram the thing in there like my life depended on it. I'm flirting with damaging the mod. I did press strongly. No joy.

Look at the one pic of me pressing in the battery, it should go in and
I'm like the local champion at pickle jar opening. :P

In all seriousness though, I think I'm applying enough force to it. 40T goes in like a breeze, P42a doesn't even if I try to cram the thing in there like my life depended on it. I'm flirting with damaging the mod. I did press strongly. No joy.
Something is wrong with the battery then, definitely.

Btw, not all molicells r perfect. I dont know if u noticed the electrical tape wrapped around it, it was like a mm skinnier than it should be, led to it wobbling inside the mod.
(Closer to half a mm)

Just saying, might not be counterfeit, just an irregular batch

Look at the one pic of me pressing in the battery, it should go in and

Something is wrong with the battery then, definitely.
Just tried again. Definitely wasn't going in, I was pressing the door till it started bending a bit, then let it go.

Then I got angry, took the battery out, sat it with the positive side down and pressed it hard against the table. It barely deformed the pole. Just barely pushed it inwards. Then I tried again, pushed hard and would you look at that. It's in! Now let's hope it's a genuine Molicel and that it doesn't explode in my face when I'm vaping. :P

I still think it shouldn't be happening like this, though. I'm stupid AF to be deforming batteries.

Just tried again. Definitely wasn't going in, I was pressing the door till it started bending a bit, then let it go.

Then I got angry, took the battery out, sat it with the positive side down and pressed it hard against the table. It barely deformed the pole. Just barely pushed it inwards. Then I tried again, pushed hard and would you look at that. It's in! Now let's hope it's a genuine Molicel and that it doesn't explode in my face when I'm vaping. :P

I still think it shouldn't be happening like this, though. I'm stupid AF to be deforming batteries.
Sorry, reread the rest of your post, glad its in, no u shouldnt have to bend it, but as long as its not touching it should be fine till u get a new battery. If it does end up getting pushed in further, like from dropping the mod, and it makes contact with the cell, it simply shorts out and your mod will turn off. (Typically)

Last edited:
Sorry, rereqd the rest of your post, glad its in, no u shouldnt have to bend it, but as long as its not touching it should be fine rill u get a new battery. If it does end up getting pusshed in further, like from dropping the mod, and it makes contact with the cell, it simply shorts out and your mod will turn off. (Typically)
I was going by the "you're not applying enough force" advice and saw if it would do it. As soon as I saw the door start bending, I immediately stopped. I'd prefer to not destroy my mod.

As I said, I "fixed" the battery. It seems fine, works fine, vapes fine. Now the positive pole isn't protruding from the battery body, like the batteries in all your guys' photos. Perhaps it was a slight defect. If so, I don't mind, I'm just frustrated with the whole ordeal. It's not that I don't have another battery, I have a Samsung 40T if I want strictly 21700, then I have 4 Sony VTC6 and a couple similarly specced Efest 18650 batteries (granted, I also have 2 dual 18650 mods, but at any given time at least 2 batteries are not in use). I just wanted a second 21700, and wanted to go for the best around.

For now, it seems okay, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it, watching for weird behavior, smells, swelling, heating etc. I'll be hearing back from the shop tomorrow probably, so if I'm assured it's genuine, I might as well keep it in use. I can hardly believe that a sub 1mm bend to that part can have an effect on safety, especially considering it should've been like that in the first place. I mean, it's just a piece of metal connecting to the cathode, I didn't bend the battery itself. God, I hope I'm right... :D

As for those of you who are cringing because you know better than to do crap like that, I'm sorry, I really am.

For now, it seems okay, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it, watching for weird behavior, smells, swelling, heating etc.
You've obviously not experienced a battery vent then, there is often no time to watch for "weird behaviour, smells, swelling, heating etc". That battery or any vape batteries, 18650s' and the like can turn into a grenade, in the blink of an eye. If you need to watch for weird behaviour and the like, then you need to ditch the battery and buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom