What's new

Molicel P42a doesn't fit in Voopoo Drag X Plus? Help needed

I have always thought (well since i started using them) that the Molicel Batteries are just a better built Battery and the Sleeves are or seem to be better quality, i know they are thicker than Samsung because in the Hadron most batteries have major battery rattle so much so that they tell you to put o-rings on the batteries. I don't have to do that with the Molicel ones.

Small update. Since I was assured the battery was not fake, I decided to test it a bit before sending it back for a replacement. I was ready to ask for a 40T, mind you. As I had said, the battery seemed to be performing poorly, not hitting as hard as the 40T at decreased charge. By 50% it was weak. Usable, but noticeably lacking in power (all testing was done with the Zeus X with a A1 NexMesh 0.13Ω at 70W). Thing is, the 40T seemed to me like it was performing better under similar circumstances, but the charge would drop off a cliff quickly under 60-70%. Also, when charging the 40T from completely empty to 100%, the charger would show about 3400mAh charged. Well, thing is, the damn Molicel just wouldn't die. I was chain vaping for hours and hours with less than 50% battery left, the performance had dropped quite a bit (which at first led me to believe it was actually fake) but it kept going on and on. It finally died at some point, WAY later than I had expected, so I left it to charge overnight. Same charger, same mod, the Molicel topped up with 3930mAh. 3930! Unbelievable! After I took it out of the charger, I put it in my mod and it immediately fired great, hitting obviously harder than the full 40T. Soooo... Yeah, not fake, it's either faulty or it has to do with manufacturing tolerances. So I emailed the shop and asked for another Molicel. Let's hope this works out for me. The bright side to all of this is that a) now I know the Molicel is actually the best battery if you can fit it in your mod and b) the shop is actually great and exceeded my expectations, so they won me back as a customer.

I feel like I haven't said it enough times already, so I'll say it again. Thank you everyone for taking the time to help, each in their own way, be it analysis of the battery or calling me fucking stupid like I deserved. :D

was this test done in the drag x plus? Only ask because it doesn’t have buck/boost so you would expect some drop off as the charge levels drop.

I have always thought (well since i started using them) that the Molicel Batteries are just a better built Battery and the Sleeves are or seem to be better quality, i know they are thicker than Samsung because in the Hadron most batteries have major battery rattle so much so that they tell you to put o-rings on the batteries. I don't have to do that with the Molicel ones.
The Hardon is such a chonky boy that makes even regular 21700s look small, lol. I'd love to get one with a Ragnar at some point, strictly for at home use. I just can't justify the expense atm though.
was this test done in the drag x plus? Only ask because it doesn’t have buck/boost so you would expect some drop off as the charge levels drop.
Yes, I don't have another 21700 mod. The performance does drop off a cliff after some point, but MTL tanks and mesh are usable, just not great. The difference in total battery life, from 100% to dropping dead, between the Molicel and the Samsung is insane. The Molicel in the Drag X has comparable battery life to my Argus GT with 2 VTC6s. The Gen X still has better battery life by a noticeable margin, though. I wish there was a similar mod to the Drag X Plus from Vaporesso, their chip is way better at battery management and performance.

The Hardon is such a chonky boy that makes even regular 21700s look small, lol. I'd love to get one with a Ragnar at some point, strictly for at home use. I just can't justify the expense atm though.

Yes, I don't have another 21700 mod. The performance does drop off a cliff after some point, but MTL tanks and mesh are usable, just not great. The difference in total battery life, from 100% to dropping dead, between the Molicel and the Samsung is insane. The Molicel in the Drag X has comparable battery life to my Argus GT with 2 VTC6s. The Gen X still has better battery life by a noticeable margin, though. I wish there was a similar mod to the Drag X Plus from Vaporesso, their chip is way better at battery management and performance.
I think i tend to get the same amount of battery life from an 18650 in a forz as i do with a 21700 in a drag x plus. Its a 3000mah 18650 tho.

Their axon chip and omni board is just better than many. If they ever decided to construct a high end version made of better components i would probably choose it over a dna75c at this point.

I am interested in the dovpo board in the odin or the college, and also kinda curios why it wasnt used in the abyss to give it that extra 10-15 watts

Edit: and to answer a question @Rob asked me in another thread, its not that im writing off the abyss, but the supbox being able to use standard boros and neither of em compatible with any of the stock coils i have, i see no rush to decide yet. Maybe if i find a sick deal on nautilus coils.

Last edited:
I think i tend to get the same amount of battery life from an 18650 in a forz as i do with a 21700 in a drag x plus. Its a 3000mah 18650 tho.

Their axon chip and omni board is just better than many. If they ever decided to construct a high end version made of better components i would probably choose it over a dna75c at this point.

I am interested in the dovpo board in the odin or the college, and also kinda curios why it wasnt used in the abyss to give it that extra 10-15 watts

Edit: and to answer a question @Rob asked me in another thread, its not that im writing off the abyss, but the supbox being able to use standard boros and neither of em compatible with any of the stock coils i have, i see no rush to decide yet. Maybe if i find a sick deal on nautilus coils.
Yeah, Vaporesso's chips are amazing. To the point that they can usurp the DNA and Yihi chips in many instances. A friend of mine that's been vaping since like 2013 or something has, among others, a DNA 250C mod, I think from Lost Vape (could be wrong on that one). Recently, he wanted something cheaper than that for times when use also meant abuse. He went and got a Gen and... Well, the DNA mod is mostly gathering dust these days. He only uses it at home with his RDAs. It's not that the Gen is downright better, it just isn't missing anything, battery life is similar and he doesn't use temp control, which is probably still better on the DNA boards.

That said, apart from the Gen X which I absolutely adore because it feels SO premium (although the price difference honestly isn't justified, it's the Gen in a nicer shell), their other devices aren't that nice looking. Voopoo's products I consider clearly inferior (although still very good) in performance, but man they are a joy to look at and hold. The Argus GT is awesome (and very compact for a 2x18650 mod) and the Drag X Plus is among the nicest devices I've ever seen, period. I'd honestly pay big boy money for Vaporesso's internals on a Drag X Plus.

I have only read the first two pages but my initial (obvious) suggestion is to measure the battery.

If it isn't 70mm tall, then by default, it's not a 21700

Besides what @StrawberryRipple says most batteries are bought online and even if bought in a B&M nobody takes a ruler. I think we can all be accused of being to trusting and generally thinking that people selling batteries or anything else wouldn't stoop so low as to sell us fake things, especially Batteries which can have dangerous consequences for us.

As a small update to the whole "the Molicel is taller than the 40T" thing. The height is no different, really, but the wrapping on the Molicel is thicker. What was problematic was that the positive pole was protruding more than it should, causing issues with fitting inside the mod. Just an FYI.

I noticed on one of my p42s that the positive plate is pushed slightly in. Been used mostly in a pico squeeze 2 for the last 6-9 months, so think it may be from screwing down battery cap if the plate was higher than usuall or dropping the battery into the tube that the contact as pushed it in.
its not enough to be concerned about and still works fine.

Back
Top Bottom