What's new

Mrs Lord's Pantry

At £10, I would have been willing to give it ago... £5.50 (adding Nic/VG etc) I could just about live with for 30ml... but at 50/50? Most of it would leak!

they're taking the piss half that "concentrate " , is just pg guaranteed

Wow, just got home to see all this (and there's more on Fakebook?).

Rebecca at Mrs Lord's replied to my email:

"This is our first release of concentrates. Stronger versions are planned. The highest VG/PG that you will be able to make is 70/30 as we use 30% PG concentrates. You could make an 80/20, but it will be a weaker flavour."

I take that to mean one can mix it to 30% but it is still a little unclear.

Wow, just got home to see all this (and there's more on Fakebook?).

Rebecca at Mrs Lord's replied to my email:

"This is our first release of concentrates. Stronger versions are planned. The highest VG/PG that you will be able to make is 70/30 as we use 30% PG concentrates. You could make an 80/20, but it will be a weaker flavour."

I take that to mean one can mix it to 30% but it is still a little unclear.

Now that confuses things even more. Why are they telling people it's 50% then?

I think they realise this plan hasn't been well thought out and are now back peddling. At 30% though I assume you won't get the flavour aswell as 50% if thats what it was originally made for.

Good news if they are planning on stronger versions, fingers crossed they get this one right.

Now that confuses things even more. Why are they telling people it's 50% then?

I think they realise this plan hasn't been well thought out and are now back peddling. At 30% though I assume you won't get the flavour aswell as 50% if thats what it was originally made for.

Good news if they are planning on stronger versions, fingers crossed they get this one right.

I think they mean 50% with the stuff they're selling now which they've made up with added pg.
They make their base flavours (dunno the right term) at 25-35% concentration so could, in future, release something stronger that could achieve a 70/30 ratio.

I think they mean 50% with the stuff they're selling now which they've made up with added pg.
They make their base flavours (dunno the right term) at 25-35% concentration so could, in future, release something stronger that could achieve a 70/30 ratio.

:hmm: .... Who knows anymore!

Irony is said they have done it this way to make things simpler.... I've been DIYing for several years now and even I'm getting lost.

They have (I feel for them) kind of cocked this up.
I asked for further clarification and they sent this:
"For this concentrate, it will only ever be a 50/50. We released this one first as we have always sold far more 50/50 than 70/30. We will be making the 70/30 doubler concentrate soon and it should be on the website within the next week or so."

I hope they work through this and get it right.

What's a "70/30 doubler concentrate"? Don't they speak DIY?

I *think* they mean they will be doing exactly what they do now but VG based as opposed to PG so at least can make 70/30 etc... but 30ml 'concentrate' will still only make 60ml of liquid.

Just getting my head around this.
So they currently sell their finished juice as either 50/50 or 70/30 at £5 per 10ml
Now they're selling these flavour shots for DIYers to make up at either 50/50 or 70/30 at £10 per 30ml ... plus the DIYers' costs for nic and diluent (approx. 10p) to make up 60ml of finished juice.

Assuming their 30ml flavour shot is 50/50, the DIYer would add 2.5mls of 72mg/ml nic and 27.5mls of VG to make 60mls of a 70/30 3mg juice, for approx. £1.68 per 10mls. In comparison with their juice costs, that's a pretty good saving - 66% discount for no real effort!

In comparison with other manufacturers' "one shot" pricing models, it's more than twice the cost. (e.g. £10 for 30mls of concentrate to be mixed at 15-20%. At 20%, you can make 150mls of juice for approx. £0.73 per 10mls.)

Mrs Lord are entitled to set their own pricing, consumers can choose either to pay it or not. Same old story.

Back
Top Bottom