What's new

MTL best vapes non pod

JdmVtec

Postman
Considering keeping my pod system for travel but possibly upgrade to something like Innokin z60 or Voopoo drag.

Any recommendations for flavour, around 2000mah battery and above. Ideally still looking at pre built coils. Something you can change the coil even if the tank has liquid in it. Probably move to RTA after this experiment for a few months maybe.

I’m a nic salt tobacco type of guy.

Not got the Coolfire z60, I have the z50 it has a 2100mah battery it comes with the original Zlide tank which I prefer to the Zlide top tank which I bought separate. The Z coils give good flavour and last quite well I MTL using 1.2 Z coils which suits me, the Coolfire Z60 has more features than the Z50 so depends on what you prefer.

The coolfire 60 kit is a great little kit and one I use daily. Another good option would be the Aspire Zelos 3 kit but if you went for that I'd get some Nautilus 1ohm coils as well, started using them recently and am impressed with the flavour and longevity from them.

Just to give you an alternative, mainly because I prefer nautilus coils and can’t stand the z coils, you could try either the Aspire Zelos 3 or the Zelos Nano kits. Both tanks will give a superb mtl, and I cannot recommend the 1.0ohm mesh coil enough. Both have LiPo batteries, and both are to some degree pocket friendly. The Nautilus 3 tank has plug-n-play coils, no fuss, no muss :2thumbsup:

Additionally, I would pick up an Nautilus GT Mini tank, if you can find one; excellent mtl tank ;)

Just to give you an alternative, mainly because I prefer nautilus coils and can’t stand the z coils, you could try either the Aspire Zelos 3 or the Zelos Nano kits. Both tanks will give a superb mtl, and I cannot recommend the 1.0ohm mesh coil enough. Both have LiPo batteries, and both are to some degree pocket friendly. The Nautilus 3 tank has plug-n-play coils, no fuss, no muss :2thumbsup:

Additionally, I would pick up an Nautilus GT Mini tank, if you can find one; excellent mtl tank ;)
As luck may have it, I have both a GT and a GT Mini (both with the larger capacity Pyrex glass) surplus to requirements ;)

Thanks for all the help. I’ve ended up with an innokin cool fire z80 with zenith 2 tank. I also bought a new zlide top 2ml tank too. Bought from a local b&m. Had a deal with them that I was happy with plus supporting local business rather than net based companies for a change. Main reason for choosing this over the z60 was longevity of product even though the z80 is slightly older. However it has a removable battery so if the battery goes bad just buy a new one. Didn’t want to go this route but for the sake of using an external battery charger I think in the long run it will work out better. Hoping this mod lasts a long time. But time will tell.

Using 0.8ohm in both tanks. I don’t notice too much difference between these tanks in honesty. But they’re nice bits of kits. Feels nice in hand, nicely made. Only thing i do notice is the amount of liquid it gets through compared to pods. I mean it’s obvious why it uses more juice but I didn’t think that part through it is considerably more.

So Voopoo argus g pod of work and general outside the house vaping. Using the z80 as an exclusive at home device as I treat to myself. Flavour compared to pods is much fuller and tastier. Thicker vape, much better throat hit. But the coils are much bigger using a slightly higher wattage by 2 watts. Pods to me feel like the diet version of a mod. But I don’t think the differences are enough to carry a mod and tank around. Still feel the possibility of cracking a tank, the weight of a mod and tank warrants using it full time imo.

Next move in a few months probably RTA mtl for NET extractions again for home use.

The 0.6 duo prime coil is good in the zlide top, other than that I used a 1.2 ohm.

Mostly using Rta's and my Nautilus 3 has made the zlide feel way too airy for a proper mtl now and the filling hole drives me up the wall! Good luck with your purchase and come back when you are ready for the next!

The 0.6 duo prime coil is good in the zlide top, other than that I used a 1.2 ohm.

Mostly using Rta's and my Nautilus 3 has made the zlide feel way too airy for a proper mtl now and the filling hole drives me up the wall! Good luck with your purchase and come back when you are ready for the next!

I did hear the duoprimes were good. They’re on the list to check out. I see why you don’t like filling the tank up. But I use it for home use only so it doesn’t fuss me too much in honesty. Both the zenith 2 and zlide top feel nice to me. But in fairness I don’t have much to compare too. I keep seeing people says about the nautilus 3. I see very good reviews and some complaints. Mainly complaints about coil life and the amount of fakes out there. I purposely got the tanks I have so I only have to keep one coil for all tanks. I doubt il bother getting anymore tanks for pre-made coils. This was my first venture. Im really contemplating RTAs after this. Was very interested in Sxk 451 but Naturevape have sold out. Could Ali it but can’t be bothered. Really wanted the original angry fox but I am not paying that sort of money currently. So if Naturevape get more 451s in il probably get one then go from there. Or wait till I hit 100 posts and see what’s in classifieds here.

I did hear the duoprimes were good. They’re on the list to check out. I see why you don’t like filling the tank up. But I use it for home use only so it doesn’t fuss me too much in honesty. Both the zenith 2 and zlide top feel nice to me. But in fairness I don’t have much to compare too. I keep seeing people says about the nautilus 3. I see very good reviews and some complaints. Mainly complaints about coil life and the amount of fakes out there. I purposely got the tanks I have so I only have to keep one coil for all tanks. I doubt il bother getting anymore tanks for pre-made coils. This was my first venture. Im really contemplating RTAs after this. Was very interested in Sxk 451 but Naturevape have sold out. Could Ali it but can’t be bothered. Really wanted the original angry fox but I am not paying that sort of money currently. So if Naturevape get more 451s in il probably get one then go from there. Or wait till I hit 100 posts and see what’s in classifieds here.

The Zlide top fill hole is right on top of the metal ring inside the tank so all the juice comes back up if you squeeze the bottle and then lubricates the top which keeps sliding open. I hate it!

The nautilus is so much better made and took me a while to get used to but now I have its easier to live with. The mesh coils are good but I'm not convinced by the higher resistance coils.

You certainly can't go wrong with Innokin tanks and coils though! And I liked having the same coils. It was curiosity that made me buy the nauty cos of the good reviews and seeing what another top rated coil tastes like.

I bought a Neeko rta and it is great for a cheap starter. Only paid £20 and it works really well. Barely used a stock coil in months.

The Zlide top fill hole is right on top of the metal ring inside the tank so all the juice comes back up if you squeeze the bottle and then lubricates the top which keeps sliding open. I hate it!

The nautilus is so much better made and took me a while to get used to but now I have its easier to live with. The mesh coils are good but I'm not convinced by the higher resistance coils.

You certainly can't go wrong with Innokin tanks and coils though! And I liked having the same coils. It was curiosity that made me buy the nauty cos of the good reviews and seeing what another top rated coil tastes like.

I bought a Neeko rta and it is great for a cheap starter. Only paid £20 and it works really well. Barely used a stock coil in months.

I’ve not experienced the zlide top issue but I only fill it up to the top of the glass. As it’s a home vape I don’t need to fill it up to the brim. I’m also curious about the nauty. Heard good things about flavour but heard mixed reviews about the coils not lasting long and the fake ones being awful.

Thing is I don’t wanna keep more coils. When I get a RTA I’m sure these tanks will just sit on the shelf and gather dust which seems to be the popular consensus. I just wasn’t ready to go from pods to an RTA straight away. I’m gunna need a mod anyways so bought the z80 with the zenith 2 and I heard good things about the zlide top so got that at the same time.

Building your RTA must be more cost effective than buying pre made coils. I assume better all round flavour? But there’s no way I’m carrying around tools, cotton etc on the daily. Fine for home but not for out and about. Not for me anyways.

Back
Top Bottom