What's new

MTL best vapes non pod

There are many here who would encourage you to get into rtas. The Neeko is a great example of a reasonably priced, good quality rta, and there are many other options. Using rebuildables is considerably cheaper than stock coils. Both wire and cotton are cheap as chips, and once you mastered it, it takes no time at all. For myself, it gives me the opportunity to change juices as often as I like, I can fine-tune the draw and flavor profile, and I can use temp control exclusively now :)

Carrying around tools and such is not necessary. I use rtas at home and rebuildable boro bridges when I’m out and about. And with my boro devices, I can always use Nautilus coils in the Boxx tank, if I choose. You are correct, in that rebuildables are not foolproof (then neither are stock-coilers), but it is seldom I experience a problem. Regardless, I always have a little pod device (or two) in my pocket, in case of emergency ;)

There are many here who would encourage you to get into rtas. The Neeko is a great example of a reasonably priced, good quality rta, and there are many other options. Using rebuildables is considerably cheaper than stock coils. Both wire and cotton are cheap as chips, and once you mastered it, it takes no time at all. For myself, it gives me the opportunity to change juices as often as I like, I can fine-tune the draw and flavor profile, and I can use temp control exclusively now :)

Carrying around tools and such is not necessary. I use rtas at home and rebuildable boro bridges when I’m out and about. And with my boro devices, I can always use Nautilus coils in the Boxx tank, if I choose. You are correct, in that rebuildables are not foolproof (then neither are stock-coilers), but it is seldom I experience a problem. Regardless, I always have a little pod device (or two) in my pocket, in case of emergency ;)

Ahh man I was just getting used to the vape lingo and parts etc then you come and talk about Boros and bridges! I do like the point of changing juices when you like just a matter of changing the cotton and or burning off the coil or coil replacement is my understanding. I was looking at temp control but il get there when I get there. Watts and volts is enough for me currently.

Let’s be fair nothing is full proof or bullet proof in the vape world. That’s why I trust my pods for the daily. Just a matter of keeping a spare coil if I know my current coil is showing signs of fatigue. I have never had a bad aspire coil for the flexus q and so far my z coils are doing well. But I do always buy from reputable sources. I will go RTA soon but I’m still saying home use only. Il look into boro mods to be fair. Quick google showed me what they are and what they do. Interesting.

Hey mate, just wanted to let you know it was possible, and how I solve it. We’re all different, and we’re all in different stages on our journey. Take it at the pace you feel comfortable with, and if you’re happy with what you have, I/we support you:2thumbsup:

It’s taken me 3 years to get to this point lol. Mainly because when I quit smoking I really didn’t wanna relapse. I found something that worked for me and I didn’t wanna change anything. I smoked the same tobacco for decades without changing. So I treated vaping the same way. However I’m now open to experimenting knowing I won’t go back to smoking ever again. So I’m open to the whole inventory. I just don’t wanna end up with many machines and loads of random tanks. Other than health the main thing that sold vaping to me was the costings. I’ve gone from one juice to 9 varieties of tobacco NETs and synthetic. Reason I’m waiting on RTAs is not that I’m not capable. Far from it. My work life and personal life is soo damned busy I barely have time to change a coil. Let alone sit down and build and wick an RTA properly. I will get some free time back in the next 3 or 4 months. So using the little amount of spare time I get to research my options and will upgrade if you like after that. Plus I hate buying things I won’t need or won’t use after a certain time frame. I do whole heartily appreciate any and all advice from this forum and all the users.

There's no right or wrong way but like you, I hated the idea of wasting money on stiff I won't use. And there are definitely things I have bought that I wish I hadn't bothered. I'm as tight as a ducks arse and I hated the idea that I might bugger up a coil priming it wrong or burning it out prematurely. Rta's certainly fix that and I don't carry tools, I rewick every 4 or 5 days usually, takes 5 mins.

Just out of interest, what tobacco juices have you been using? I'm always on the look out for good recommendations.

I like your name too, I drive a champ white civic! :2thumbsup:

There's no right or wrong way but like you, I hated the idea of wasting money on stiff I won't use. And there are definitely things I have bought that I wish I hadn't bothered. I'm as tight as a ducks arse and I hated the idea that I might bugger up a coil priming it wrong or burning it out prematurely. Rta's certainly fix that and I don't carry tools, I rewick every 4 or 5 days usually, takes 5 mins.

Just out of interest, what tobacco juices have you been using? I'm always on the look out for good recommendations.

I like your name too, I drive a champ white civic! :2thumbsup:

Question is is it a champ white ep3 or fd2 or fn2 lol? I used to drive a integra type r dc2 also champ white for nearly 10 years. I tastefully modded it and went to Nurburgring a bit with it. The good ole days. Now I’m in a Skoda how times change.

Juice wise I currently have:
Dark star barrell aged tobacco
Drakes NET Virginia
Drakes NET reserva
La tabaccherica extra dry 4pod NET Florence and New York
Daddy pig smoke juice golden and Virginia
Element 555 tobacco
Manabush twisted leaf gran larceny, Virginia kiss, and whisky blonde tobacco

Quite the list so if you want to know about any particular one ask away!

Question is is it a champ white ep3 or fd2 or fn2 lol? I used to drive a integra type r dc2 also champ white for nearly 10 years. I tastefully modded it and went to Nurburgring a bit with it. The good ole days. Now I’m in a Skoda how times change.

Juice wise I currently have:
Dark star barrell aged tobacco
Drakes NET Virginia
Drakes NET reserva
La tabaccherica extra dry 4pod NET Florence and New York
Daddy pig smoke juice golden and Virginia
Element 555 tobacco
Manabush twisted leaf gran larceny, Virginia kiss, and whisky blonde tobacco

Quite the list so if you want to know about any particular one ask away!

I'll look them up! Do you have a favourite?

I have an FN2, I really wanted a dc2 cos its the coolest thing ever but I didn't want to do my 60 mile round trip to work in what is now a classic car. So I make do.

I'll look them up! Do you have a favourite?

I have an FN2, I really wanted a dc2 cos it’s the coolest thing ever but I didn't want to do my 60 mile round trip to work in what is now a classic car. So I make do.

Nothing wrong with a Fn2. If it’s champ white it’s got a lsd from memory and was a special edition. The only thing that lets that car down is the torsion bar at the rear. The dc2 is a cool car but it’s not worth the money they’re selling for now. I can speak from experience. 60mile round trip a day with no 6th gear would have dragged mate. You bought the better car for what you do on the daily. Either way Honda for the win!

The extra dry 4pod are my current favs. But they are NETs and no synth is gunna come near it really. But I like the majority. Still steeping Daddy pig smoke juice and the blonde whisky so can’t comment on those. I vaped 555 tobacco for years every day. Still enjoy it but it’s a bit sweet for my taste now. The manabush juices I have tried the Virginia and the larceny are far far too sweet. But you could argue I bought juices with vanilla and caramels, butterscotch with a Virginia and a big cigar and bourbon mix. They were always gunna be sweet. I was just curious.

Plus I’m done with 10ml bottles. Shortfill but prefer longfills now. Better bang for buck and I hate all the plastic waste. If I can cut my waste down a bit and if everyone did a little bit the planet is gunna thank us for it. Stupid TPD rules.

Nothing wrong with a Fn2. If it’s champ white it’s got a lsd from memory and was a special edition. The only thing that lets that car down is the torsion bar at the rear. The dc2 is a cool car but it’s not worth the money they’re selling for now. I can speak from experience. 60mile round trip a day with no 6th gear would have dragged mate. You bought the better car for what you do on the daily. Either way Honda for the win!

The extra dry 4pod are my current favs. But they are NETs and no synth is gunna come near it really. But I like the majority. Still steeping Daddy pig smoke juice and the blonde whisky so can’t comment on those. I vaped 555 tobacco for years every day. Still enjoy it but it’s a bit sweet for my taste now. The manabush juices I have tried the Virginia and the larceny are far far too sweet. But you could argue I bought juices with vanilla and caramels, butterscotch with a Virginia and a big cigar and bourbon mix. They were always gunna be sweet. I was just curious.

Plus I’m done with 10ml bottles. Shortfill but prefer longfills now. Better bang for buck and I hate all the plastic waste. If I can cut my waste down a bit and if everyone did a little bit the planet is gunna thank us for it. Stupid TPD rules.

Yeah it's been a great car for 6 years.

I struggle when it comes to NET's, I never know what all the tobaccos are like. I like tobacco juices rich with a bit of sweetness and vanilla or cream. Coconut is a massive plus, I often add that in. But I don't know what all the variants are. I just smoked rollies before nothing fancy. I have a few different cigars which are ok now and again. Gets a bit risky ordering big bottles if it tastes gross. And some tobaccos taste like fresh raw tobacco, like opening a packet. Doesn't do it for me.

Yeah it's been a great car for 6 years.

I struggle when it comes to NET's, I never know what all the tobaccos are like. I like tobacco juices rich with a bit of sweetness and vanilla or cream. Coconut is a massive plus, I often add that in. But I don't know what all the variants are. I just smoked rollies before nothing fancy. I have a few different cigars which are ok now and again. Gets a bit risky ordering big bottles if it tastes gross. And some tobaccos taste like fresh raw tobacco, like opening a packet. Doesn't do it for me.
I also smoked rollies before. Any Virginias are light then something like burley maybe or Kentucky, then there’s heavy pipe tobacco flavours. LT Dry4pod is the closest to smoking I’ve currently found. I’m vaping that as a daily now. Drakes flavour is very subtle but not what I was expecting. La tabaccherica and a few others seem to try to replicate smoking imo. Drakes is more what the leaves pre combustion smell like again imo. Just gotta try a few and see if you like it. Hence why I’ve got a little bit of everything. Sometimes a little switches of juices brings more flavour to the palette rather than smoking one all day. Also found I don’t like juices that I’ve added nic shots too straight away. I only use nic salts. I seem to like them after they have steeped for a week or longer. Daddy pig smoke juice says steep for 2 weeks and I heard the whisky blonde by manabush takes 2 weeks to balance the flavours. This is why I’ve not tried them yet.

Back
Top Bottom