What's new

My first complaint about Fasttech, and I might be wrong...

Xe62oHR.png

I think I see it on the nearest trolley under the top bag. Thanks for helping everyone. Problem sorted, if they would just let me in.

Buying from China is completely different to buying from within the UK . Different rules apply. Suggest you read FT's T&Cs . I believe you have to wait for FT to investigate through their own courier system which is somewhat complex and can take up to ninety days.
Most orders from China are trouble free.

@JulesCT

I just had two packages lost in the last 2 weeks. One from 3Fvape and one from another Chinese vendor.

Once the package has been declared lost you are entitled to a replacement.

After an investigation 3Fvape were notified by the delivery company that my package was lost. 3Fvape then asked me if I would wait 2 months for them to receive compensation before sending me a replacement. I said YES, I would mind because I had already waited a month and been very patient. I informed them that if I filed a PayPal claim I would be refunded immediately as I had email proof the package was lost. However, I told them that I didn't want to file a claim and I was giving them the opportunity to rectify the problem. They replied that a replacement would be sent immediately.

The other Chinese vendor shipped via DHL. Lost at Heathrow allegedly. DHL Investigated and spent 7 days doing a manual search of their various warehouses and they finally declared the package lost. The vendor immediately shipped me a replacement upon receiving confirmation from DHL that it was indeed lost. They said that they would claim compensation from DHL.

The contract is between the vendor and the shipping / delivery companies. That's why they get the compensation not you. Once a package has been declared lost they will be compensated in due course. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for them to make you wait for that. If you have been told the package is lost and you then go and file a claim with PayPal and provide them that evidence you will be refunded almost immediately.

My advice is do what I did. Inform them that the package is declared lost as per your communication with the delivery company. Tell them that they will be compensated via the usual channels and you want a replacement item shipped immediately. Inform them that if you file a claim with PayPal, providing them with the communications from the delivery company saying that the package is lost, you will be refunded straight away. But tell them that you don't want to do that because you use them regularly and have always been happy with the service you have received and you therefore want to give them every opportunity to rectify the situation without involving PayPal. However, they must rectify the situation now as your contract is with the vendor and not the shipper. They get the compensation so what happens between the vendor and the shipper is none of your business.

Last edited:
@JulesCT

My advice is do what I did. Inform them that the package is declared lost as per your communication with the delivery company. Tell them that they will be compensated via the usual channels and you want a replacement item shipped immediately. Inform them that if you file a claim with PayPal, providing them with the communications from the delivery company saying that the package is lost, you will be refunded straight away. But tell them that you don't want to do that because you use them regularly and have always been happy with the service you have received and you therefore want to give them every opportunity to rectify the situation without involving PayPal. However, they must rectify the situation now as your contract is with the vendor and not the shipper. They get the compensation so what happens between the vendor and the shipper is none of your business.

Thank you for the excellent advice. I will wait a couple of days to see if FT do the right thing of their own volition and to get written confirmation from Royal Mail that they consider the package as lost. Many thanks Mitz.

Thank you for the excellent advice. I will wait a couple of days to see if FT do the right thing of their own volition and to get written confirmation from Royal Mail that they consider the package as lost. Many thanks Mitz.

No problem bud. :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom