What's new

My latest TC failure

P

Phrasing

After careful consideration 3 different builds and countless settings changes. I have concluded that temperature control is not for me.

I've tried it before with a dna75c, months ago and I was so put off by the experience that I gave up for 6 months.

This latest attempt was made with a dna250c.

Build 1, 26ga SS316L 11wraps spaced 2.5mm dope rba. Resistance .64 - .72
Cooked

Build 2, 26ga SS316L 8 wraps spaced 2.5mm pioneer 1.5 resistance .49 - .52
Too weak then burnt, not enough flavour.

Build 3, 26ga SS316L 9 wraps spaced 2.5mm pioneer 1.5 resistance .51 - .55
Replay mode 13w not enough flavour but passable.

I'd like to thank @John R for the advise, but I'm admitting defeat and going back to power mode.

If I ever try again I think it'll be a direct lung setup with a more complex coil, where I think I'll actually see a benefit to justify all the extra faffing around.

I'm pretty sure even if I had got the settings just right I very much doubt I would've experienced anything better than my usual ni80 mtl build

20230217_220133.jpg 20230217_213701.jpg 20230217_213546.jpg

I tried years ago with Ti and Ni 200 with no success but now I use ss316 complex coils Dtl. it works for me with very little faffing about

I will sus it out one day just not in mtl I think.
It just seems silly not to give it another go since I've now got 7 dna mods

Tried another rta?
I started with the hazard dope but the reason I went for the pioneer when things started going tits up is because I have the most experience with it, I could build and wick it in my sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only use TC for DTL vaping. It stops dry hits when you are pushing a coil to just under its limits. I like a warm vape, so couldn't see myself using it for MTL vaping.

Back
Top Bottom