What's new

My latest TC failure

Personally, it’s the exact opposite for me. Since I can’t use nickel coils, having developed an allergy whilst sorting coins for the national bank, I use either A1 or SS. Pretty much the same spaced SS fused clapton 1.03 ohm or 30g SS round wire, and I’ve never had a problem with tc on a dna mod, just start low and dial it in. On the other hand , I’ve tried countless times with kanthal mtl coils and wattage, but I seldom get the flavor profile I get from tc. Usually end up going over to voltage, and that works better for me, not sure why. @Phrasing , I hope you stick with it, the flavor and consistency really is worth it, and no dry hits.

One thing that’s bugging me is the coils you’re using @Phrasing . I’m no expert, but the amount of wraps you’re using, iow the 26g wire, may be causing your problems. Checking your builds on Steam Engine, all of them have their heating capacity in the red, and I seem to remember that I had some issues using lower resistance wire when I started out with tc. My builds are always 5-6 wraps of spaced SS.

Maybe @John R can help here? Could the heating capacity be problematic? Or alternatively, am I just wasting everyone’s time?

Back
Top Bottom