What's new

Nautilus GT mini

Mortz

Postman
Hi, I’ve just recently bought a nautilus GT mini, using it with some 6mg freebase e liquid. Compared to my XROS 3, it feels very harsh and lacks a lot of flavour. Currently using the supplied 0.7 mesh coil. Shame as it looks stunning on my pico le and I much prefer the battery life. Any suggestions? :2thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
I, now much prefer the 1 ohm over the .7 (mesh) and used them successfully in the GTs (both standard and mini)
However, I was in a period of finding the right juices and flavours for me and that could well have influenced the coil that better suited what I use.
I would also add that the recommended wattages for both coils were well overstated to my liking. I have a couple of .7 left that never get used above 16.5w (20-25 recommended) and the 1 ohm I use at 9w (13-15 recommended)
At under a tenner a pack, it’s well worth trying the 1 ohm.

The 1.0ohm mesh coil is my go to when I can’t have a rebuildable with me. Excellent flavor and long lasting. I never got on with the 0.7, found it harsh.

However, you didn’t state how tight a mtl draw you like. I couldn’t agree more with @John R Phillips , I almost always vape nautilus coils with less wattage than the recommended. A vape that is too warm can be harsh and flavourless., so too little airflow and too much wattage could explain your experience.

Never had a problem with either my GTs or Minis, but I have read that some drill out the the small juice flow ports for better saturation. Too much will ruin the tank though :11:

The 0.7 isn't one I'm fond of. I've never found the GT Mini harsh, as suggested try the 1ohm.

I would also recommend the 1 ohm mesh coil as this is my go to with the nautilus 3. I found the 0.7 harsh but swapped to a larger drip tip which helped a lot with either of the mesh coils.

Oddly enough I also got on better with a certain mod, whenever I used my Innokin mods, it seemed to fire faster and I'd get a harsh vape like the coil was knackered straight away. Used on my Vaporesso and the coils last much longer and taste great. Same wattage, dunno why!

Another vote for the 1.0 mesh coil. I don't find them that long lasting TBF, but I vape chiri with it and they taste fucking great.

I don't know what the recommended wattage is, but about 8-10w suits me just fine.

Another vote for the 1.0 mesh coil. I don't find them that long lasting TBF, but I vape chiri with it and they taste fucking great.

I don't know what the recommended wattage is, but about 8-10w suits me just fine.

It's 13-15w but as ever the best wattage is the one that suits, mines about the same as you.

For myself, it’s dependent on the juice. I find when using nautilus coils, especially the 1.0ohms. My wattage for fruit flavors is about 8-10w, but with dessert juices and more complex juices I end up around 12-13w :)

And @Deadanddripping, there are definitely differences in proprietary chips. The boost function works a bit differently with innokin mods, the Vaporesso chip is far superior imo. This is the reason I use dna mods 90% of the time, and almost always temp control…consistency ;)

Back
Top Bottom