What's new

Need help with mod issues

Doondoons

Postman
Hi all, I hope someone can help me.

To set the scene: I have owned over the past 2 years about 5 geekvape L200, most recently the L200 classic with 21700 batteries, everytime they have died constantly showing Atomizer missing i have been using the Vandy Vape RATH RDA, but have owned other RDAs over the years.

So with that out of the way, my latest L200 Classic has died, it wont show an atomizer at all i have tried tanks and other RDAs, no atmoizer on any of them. I went to my local vape shop told them about all my issues (which they found odd) and thought i would try the Vaperesso Armour Max, i had it for around a day and the same thing started happening. With this mod i was able to unscrew the 510 connection on the mod, upon doing so i found the live wire to be disconnected from the 510 pin and just loose. I can only assume heat had perhaps liquified the solder and the wire came away.

So i have a couple of questions, could this potentially been the issue on all of my L200 mods? if so why is this happening and what can i do to prevent it in the future or is it something else? Will i still be able to take this mod back for replacement and if so should i tell them my findings or just tell them it is not working? 50 quid is a lot to just have a mod for one day. but technically is it my fault?

Thanks for listening and any responses :)

Sometimes sprung 510 pins can stick at the bottom of their travel. I've had a few mods that failed to recognise any tank because of this. - I removed the 510 plate or opened the mod to get access to the bottom of the 510 and pressed the 'sprung' 510 positive pin back into place with pliers. After this the mods could read the resistance and worked normally - generally for about 6 months until I had to repeat the process

It also helps to clean out the 510 thoroughly as any baked on juice on the top of the 510 can balls things up - screwing up a bf soft cloth to a point, using a bit of brasso or similar, wedging it in there and repeatedly twisting it should remove any baked on crud pretty quickly - as you've had several mods do this I'm more inclined to suspect the 510 being stuck at the bottom of it's travel but giving the 510 a clean up just in case won't do any harm..

I don't have the L200 mod so I don't know if it has a weak 510 spring, but I haven't had any problem with my 3 Aegis mods or my old GBox. As you've had the same problem with several mods it is worth checking the length of the 510s of any tank you use regularly - they should be a standard length, but sometimes they aren't - and the same goes for 510 pins, sometimes they barely protrude from the negative and some can stick out a couple of mm. If you regularly use an atty with a long 510 this can quickly balls up the 510 spring.

Back
Top Bottom