What's new

New Profile incoming

I really don't get on with the SS OFRF strips. They always feel like they're going to set alight. Much prefer the KA1 variety in all my mesh attys. Vaping101 have both in stock at the moment though.
I agree with you on this one. While I used to prefer them flavor wise, they eventually turned into a pain in the ass. The slightest imperfection in my wicking would result in a nasty hotspot. However, when they were working perfectly, I did prefer them to the KA1 strips. Still, too much of a hassle and I can't be bothered thinking about my every draw.

I agree with you on this one. While I used to prefer them flavor wise, they eventually turned into a pain in the ass. The slightest imperfection in my wicking would result in a nasty hotspot. However, when they were working perfectly, I did prefer them to the KA1 strips. Still, too much of a hassle and I can't be bothered thinking about my every draw.

For me it's the fact they seem to ramp up too quick, which is something I never thought I'd complain about as it's one of the reasons I prefer mesh to traditional coils... but the SS strips just seem to get instantly hot. I actually find it's the same with Vandy Vape, and Hellvape mesh strips too, even the KA1 versions. There's just something about the OFRF KA1 that's perfect, for me at at least. The only other ones that come close are Damn Vape X-Mesh 03 which have a similar density/hole pattern.

How are we all getting on? Just rewicked normal way using the extreme and it's still ok. It's definitely needing a wider micro mesh not holes poked into metal to get the best from it. Shame the prices have gone up everywhere for the strips. Wish I bought when I posted as price has doubled on Amazon

How are we all getting on? Just rewicked normal way using the extreme and it's still ok. It's definitely needing a wider micro mesh not holes poked into metal to get the best from it. Shame the prices have gone up everywhere for the strips. Wish I bought when I posted as price has doubled on Amazon

mine is still working fine, but got to admit been using the unity more these days.

I've just ordered a few packs of Extreme from Flawless. Free shipping for over £20. I'm just using this and the Profile RDTA now

ive got about 6 mesh strips already & got some coming from ali yes my Profile RDTA is always in rotation but while im feeling meh im using the unity with some home made menthol as cant taste bugger all else lol.

ive got about 6 mesh strips already & got some coming from ali yes my Profile RDTA is always in rotation but while im feeling meh im using the unity with some home made menthol as cant taste bugger all else lol.
It's strange since when I smoked, I always used menthol tips but I never choose menthol to Vape. When I can't taste anything, I just add extra coolant so it feels cold lol

Mines been sat in a drawer for 2 weeks, isn't worth the effort for me, my thoughts at the moment are it's a POS. I'll try it again at some, hopefully be pleasantly surprised and reply to this post saying I didn't know what I was talking about lol :p

*On the plus side had it been amazing it would've probably been all I'd been using and I wouldn't have re-found my fondness for single coil RDAs. So i've probably saved a tonne of juice, silver linings and all that.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! After being away for a few weeks, I popped back in here to see what you're up to and... Almost nothing. I guess the disappointment continues, lol.

For me it's the fact they seem to ramp up too quick, which is something I never thought I'd complain about as it's one of the reasons I prefer mesh to traditional coils... but the SS strips just seem to get instantly hot. I actually find it's the same with Vandy Vape, and Hellvape mesh strips too, even the KA1 versions. There's just something about the OFRF KA1 that's perfect, for me at at least. The only other ones that come close are Damn Vape X-Mesh 03 which have a similar density/hole pattern.
Yup, I share your sentiment on this one. That said, do give Steam Crave's mesh strips a shot, the ones for the Supreme. They are very similar to the OFRF KA1 strips, but I think they are a touch wider and maybe, just maybe thicker. I do like them because they ramp up just as quickly, but seem more smooth to me. It might be placebo, but with the Supreme at least I think I get better flavor with them. That could easily be placebo, though, as the Supreme V3 with its mesh deck is a total bitch to get the wicking right on, and I mess it up more often than not. I used to hate it and think that it's the worst thing ever, but it eventually grew on me. There's something about it that I do like, perhaps the fact that, like the Unity, it's side airflow. Anyway, the flavor is great when one wicks it right, but it's a pain to do so.
I've read your posts about using these Extreme strips, and I keep thinking back to when I used them on my RDTA. I didn't like them at all. It was a warmer vape than the Turbo, but less flavor. Next time I wick this thing I will give them a shot as I have a few lying around. In any case, the Extreme strips look mighty similar to a spool of KA1 80 mesh (2.8Ω/ft) I have from Vandy Vape, so if you want a more cost effective option, you could give that a shot.
Mines been sat in a drawer for 2 weeks, isn't worth the effort for me, my thoughts at the moment are it's a POS. I'll try it again at some, hopefully be pleasantly surprised and reply to this post saying I didn't know what I was talking about lol :p

*On the plus side had it been amazing it would've probably been all I'd been using and I wouldn't have re-found my fondness for single coil RDAs. So i've probably saved a tonne of juice, silver linings and all that.
Man, this Profile X is magical. It helped you find your love for single coil RDAs again, and it helped me find my lost love for the mesh config of the Aromamizer Supreme v3. It also helped me pull the trigger on the Plus v3 because I liked the large capacity. Magic, I'm telling you. :18:

Hey everyone! After being away for a few weeks, I popped back in here to see what you're up to and... Almost nothing. I guess the disappointment continues, lol.

Yup, I share your sentiment on this one. That said, do give Steam Crave's mesh strips a shot, the ones for the Supreme. They are very similar to the OFRF KA1 strips, but I think they are a touch wider and maybe, just maybe thicker. I do like them because they ramp up just as quickly, but seem more smooth to me. It might be placebo, but with the Supreme at least I think I get better flavor with them. That could easily be placebo, though, as the Supreme V3 with its mesh deck is a total bitch to get the wicking right on, and I mess it up more often than not. I used to hate it and think that it's the worst thing ever, but it eventually grew on me. There's something about it that I do like, perhaps the fact that, like the Unity, it's side airflow. Anyway, the flavor is great when one wicks it right, but it's a pain to do so.

I've read your posts about using these Extreme strips, and I keep thinking back to when I used them on my RDTA. I didn't like them at all. It was a warmer vape than the Turbo, but less flavor. Next time I wick this thing I will give them a shot as I have a few lying around. In any case, the Extreme strips look mighty similar to a spool of KA1 80 mesh (2.8Ω/ft) I have from Vandy Vape, so if you want a more cost effective option, you could give that a shot.

Man, this Profile X is magical. It helped you find your love for single coil RDAs again, and it helped me find my lost love for the mesh config of the Aromamizer Supreme v3. It also helped me pull the trigger on the Plus v3 because I liked the large capacity. Magic, I'm telling you. :18:
I have some of the spool mesh. I'll have a go next time

Back
Top Bottom