What's new

New TPD in the EU

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
The EU is having a consultation for the revision of the TPD rules, and it’s going to mean stricter vape regulation. What’s next? No flavors? No refillables? Who knows how easily they’ll be swayed by lobbying and €€€. A new directive could influence the UK as well…

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/123164/consultation-could-decide-the-future-of-vaping-in-europe/

Even though Norway is just an EEA member, we’re under the thumb also. I for one am going to submit my comments! :mad:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
last tpd fucked the juice market into oblivion, this time round lets see what hoops we have to jump through.

last tpd fucked the juice market into oblivion, this time round lets see what hoops we have to jump through.
This may very well portend the end of the entire European juice industry, of course depending on exactly how strict the result is. In Denmark where they already have stricter laws, they’re not allowed to even sell short-fills, only diy kits with concentrate. Im afraid a flavor-ban may be in the works. :eek:

i might just be being hopeful but I don't think they will ban flavours

and no one can stop you selling a shortfill, not possible
Don’t want to argumentative, but I believe it is possible, in Denmark at least. If I have understood correctly the diy kits are a workaround for the flavor ban there, as it applies only to “ready to use”, including short-fills. In the States, most eliquids and vape gear are technically not approved by the FDA, and therefore illegal to sell. There have been numerous raids and shops closed. Luckily the enforcement is as poor as the thought process behind it, and the court cases will take years.

The EU may decide to just tax the hell out eliquids and nicotine like they do In Canada. Regardless, it’s not looking too rosy…

Last edited:
The EU may decide to just tax the hell out eliquids and nicotine like they do In Canada. Regardless, it’s not looking too rosy…

Afaik the EU has no power to set tax rates in member states other than setting minimum VAT rates as it gets a cut of all VAT raised by them.

As TPD was largely a pointless bureaucratic exercise there is no reason to expect revisions to it will be any different. As someone I used to work with liked to say 'shall we call in an expert or fuck it up ourselves.'

Afaik the EU has no power to set tax rates in member states other than setting minimum VAT rates as it gets a cut of all VAT raised by them.

yes, this.

it is easy to predict doom all the time, i understand why it happens on so many threads here but i always like to look on the bright side of life. it could be worse :)

^^ Hopefully that won't be what happens to EU vape and juice retailers.

Back
Top Bottom