What's new

Ni200 - Annealed or Tempered?

Some Stealthvape NiFe30 OTW and some NiFE48 from The Vape Mesh Co. (The Crazy Wire Co.).

Noticed the NiFe52 as well lmao, but the differences between the 48 and 52 so negligible it would have been pointless getting the 52 as well lol. They also had NiFE70, but I'm assuming thats headed more towards Ni again so would defeat the object of more accurate TC with NiFe30?

Have ordered different gauges to really have a play around with it :).

I'm not planning on super low builds. I was planning on the 0.15-0.20 ohm area initially or slightly higher rather than going lower. Will use good old Steamengine to plan everything and have a play around.

Some Stealthvape NiFe30 OTW and some NiFE48 from The Vape Mesh Co. (The Crazy Wire Co.).

Noticed the NiFe52 as well lmao, but the differences between the 48 and 52 so negligible it would have been pointless getting the 52 as well lol. They also had NiFE70, but I'm assuming thats headed more towards Ni again so would defeat the object of more accurate TC with NiFe30?

Confusingly, the Crazy wire co use the number in NiFe# to indicate Ni content, others use the number to indicate Fe content. So Crazy wire NiFe70 is 70% Ni (30% Fe) - this is the same Ni:Fe ratio as Stealthvape NiFe30 - the TCR and resistivity of Crazy Wire NiFe70 and Stealthvape NiFe30 are very similar. These wires aren't as accurate as NiFe48 or NiFe52 wires (but still much better than Ni200).

I did a quick comparison of the Crazy wire NiFe wires to other wires in this thread on the first page:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...reads/crazy-wire-company-nife48-52-70.114347/

Their NiFe48 and NiFe52 look very accurate on paper. I will at some stage add these wires to the "TC accuracy and wire selection" sticky, they were only released recently and I've just not got round to it yet.

Its starting to get confusing now all the different NiFe out there! At the moment when I talk about NiFe48 it is from Zivipf.com. Not long ago stocked up on it from them, just before the crazy wire company had thiers available so not tried that yet, on paper it looks good. The trouble is now its all similar but not the same spec so you need to be careful where you get your figures from.
Using Zivipf NiFe48 27awg and 32awg claptons at the moment and loving the TC vape, 2.5mm coils with 6 wraps comes out at 0.16ohms and still gives good TC when monitoring it in escribe.

Confusingly, the Crazy wire co use the number in NiFe# to indicate Ni content, others use the number to indicate Fe content. So Crazy wire NiFe70 is 70% Ni (30% Fe) - this is the same Ni:Fe ratio as Stealthvape NiFe30 - the TCR and resistivity of Crazy Wire NiFe70 and Stealthvape NiFe30 are very similar. These wires aren't as accurate as NiFe48 or NiFe52 wires (but still much better than Ni200).

I did a quick comparison of the Crazy wire NiFe wires to other wires in this thread on the first page:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...reads/crazy-wire-company-nife48-52-70.114347/

Their NiFe48 and NiFe52 look very accurate on paper. I will at some stage add these wires to the "TC accuracy and wire selection" sticky, they were only released recently and I've just not got round to it yet.

Thanks for the additional info, all good to know :). I had a feeling the whole NiFe thing is all "relatively" new. From now on will check the manufacturers alloy ratios to check I'm purchasing/using the stuff I actually want or need to be using!!

Will I need to source and upload seperate .csv files for using the NiFe variants on my DNA devices please guys?? If for example you guys already have a .csv made up for NiFe30 (Stealthvape) and/or Crazy Wire NiFe48, can I just use one you have and upload that??

I've done more than I read about many bothering to do with their DNA's lol, but as I haven't needed to look into sourcing/uploading .csv files onto the devices, it's not something I've read up on yet.

On my standard RX and Cuboid for example, would I further need to enter the specific NiFe TCR values before use, or would they simply work with the Ni200 profile?

A mad scientist I am certainly not lol, but I am really enjoying the whole TC aspect of vaping and hopefully with expert help here, I can really get the best out of it all ;). Apologies for the pain in the arse questions ;).

Thanks for the additional info, all good to know :). I had a feeling the whole NiFe thing is all "relatively" new. From now on will check the manufacturers alloy ratios to check I'm purchasing/using the stuff I actually want or need to be using!!

Will I need to source and upload seperate .csv files for using the NiFe variants on my DNA devices please guys?? If for example you guys already have a .csv made up for NiFe30 (Stealthvape) and/or Crazy Wire NiFe48, can I just use one you have and upload that??

I've done more than I read about many bothering to do with their DNA's lol, but as I haven't needed to look into sourcing/uploading .csv files onto the devices, it's not something I've read up on yet.

On my standard RX and Cuboid for example, would I further need to enter the specific NiFe TCR values before use, or would they simply work with the Ni200 profile?

A mad scientist I am certainly not lol, but I am really enjoying the whole TC aspect of vaping and hopefully with expert help here, I can really get the best out of it all ;). Apologies for the pain in the arse questions ;).

csv files are available on steam engine http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp a good resource for any coil building. On the cubiod and RX TC will be better entering the TCR values which is usual on the site you buy it from, stealth vape and zipivf state theirs for sure. I believe you can use Ni profile and offset the temp but you have TCR mode available so best to us it.

As above, you can get the .csv for stealthvape NiFe30 from steam engine's wire wizard (click the DNA200 tab in "temperature control" box where the graph is. The Crazy Wire Co NiFes aren't on there, for those you need to create a custom material on Escribe using the TCR (instructions are in that thread I liked to above). For other mods like the cuboid, you could run Stealthvape NiFe30 in Ni mode, but if you have the option of using a custom TCR, I would do it that way (0500 for Stealthvape NiFe30) because you won't have to remember to use a (small) temp offset. I would only run it in Ni mode on mods where that is the only option. The other NiFes with TCRs in the 300-400 range would run OK in Ti mode (I used to do this on my IPV D2), but again you're better off using custom TCR if you have that option.

csv files are available on steam engine http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp a good resource for any coil building. On the cubiod and RX TC will be better entering the TCR values which is usual on the site you buy it from, stealth vape and zipivf state theirs for sure. I believe you can use Ni profile and offset the temp but you have TCR mode available so best to us it.

Yup, thanks bud, I already use it a hell of a lot :). Was just wondering if it is possible to simply download a .csv you guys had on your DNA's for example and upload that to save messing about, that's all lol ;). Otherwise, I'll sort out generating the relevant .csv's when I've had a chance to read up on how to do it all without goofing it up :).

As above, you can get the .csv for stealthvape NiFe30 from steam engine's wire wizard (click the DNA200 tab in "temperature control" box where the graph is. The Crazy Wire Co NiFes aren't on there, for those you need to create a custom material on Escribe using the TCR (instructions are in that thread I liked to above). For other mods like the cuboid, you could run Stealthvape NiFe30 in Ni mode, but if you have the option of using a custom TCR, I would do it that way (0500 for Stealthvape NiFe30) because you won't have to remember to use a (small) temp offset. I would only run it in Ni mode on mods where that is the only option. The other NiFes with TCRs in the 300-400 range would run OK in Ti mode (I used to do this on my IPV D2), but again you're better off using custom TCR if you have that option.

Noted thanks. If I'm going to be using it on them I'll enter the required TCR's respectively. If I'm buying the NiFe for greater accuracy, might as well take the time to set them up to work optimally :).

Thanks again chaps :).

No need to generate csv files on steam engine, just go to wire wizard page, select your wire and download csv :2thumbsup:

No need to generate csv files on steam engine, just go to wire wizard page, select your wire and download csv :2thumbsup:

Sorry...... I've watched a couple of videos of sorting out a .csv, etc....

...But the ones Im seeing, they're faffing aboit selecting a wire AND setting the specifics of how many wraps in the coil, etc, etc.

I just need to select the wire, check the graph, click on DNA and generate that info into .csv format yeh (please ;) ??????

Thanks.:).

Sorry...... I've watched a couple of videos of sorting out a .csv, etc....

...But the ones Im seeing, they're faffing aboit selecting a wire AND setting the specifics of how many wraps in the coil, etc, etc.

I just need to select the wire, check the graph, click on DNA and generate that info into .csv format yeh (please ;) ??????

Thanks.:).
I'm not sure what you mean by "generate that info into .csv format", but when you click the DNA200 tab, there is a button below the graph which reads "Download TFR table as CSV". Click that, save it to your PC then import it to your device. Sorry if I'm not understanding you correctly.
Oh, and beware, it doesn't work with the Windows 10 Edge browser for some bizarre reason.

Back
Top Bottom