What's new

Nic Salts Amount

Andy Robbo

Initiate
Hi

Sorry if this has been asked, haven't found a clear answer....At least one that I understand :)

I struggle between cigarettes and vaping....I smoke about 15-20 cigs per day....JPS Red if it matters. I'm back to trying vaping and today my shop sold me nic salts rather than nic shots. They told me it was smoother but felt like you were on higher nicotine levels....They couldn't really explain it any better than that.

There seems to be a lot of argument on the web about which to use which is confusing. Some places are saying you shouldn't even vape nic salts in sub-ohm units. I'm quite addicted to nicotine and my willpower isn't great ;) I used to put 2 x 1.8% 18mg/ml nicshots into 80mls of ejuice which was just about enough to hold me, though I probably vaped more often because of habit. To be honest I only used to put 2 in because the shop told me that equated to the 6mg liquids I was used to buying before TPD, I've never really understood what I'm doing with adding my own nicotine!

So my question is this...

I have 80mls of ejuice with 0mg nicotine.
I have 10ml bottles of 36mg/ml nicotine salt.
I vape at about 70 watts

How many bottles of 36mg/ml nicsalt should I be adding?

Any advice info / advice appreciated

Robbo

Please dont sub ohm nic salts, it will make you spinny and probably a bit sick!

Normal nicotine is harsh so that limits how many milligrams of nicotine you can vape at. Your body is used to getting a quick nic hit with cigarettes which you cant reproduce with regular nicotine, thats why your probably constantly vaping 6mg juice.
With salts you can vape really high mg nicotine because its smoother.
My advice is to ditch all the flavours, just vape the 36mg salts and see how you get along with that.
You will need a high resistance coil, something above 1ohm and power it at about 15 watts using a mouth to lung style, exactly like smoking.
My wife and I both vape 36mg salts, that should scratch your itch.;)

^this
nic salts are more for mouth to lung.
usual 20mg in a mouth to lung tank at low wattage.
try it in a subtank at 70watts and your head will be spinning big time.

Please dont sub ohm nic salts, it will make you spinny and probably a bit sick!

Normal nicotine is harsh so that limits how many milligrams of nicotine you can vape at. Your body is used to getting a quick nic hit with cigarettes which you cant reproduce with regular nicotine, thats why your probably constantly vaping 6mg juice.
With salts you can vape really high mg nicotine because its smoother.
My advice is to ditch all the flavours, just vape the 36mg salts and see how you get along with that.
You will need a high resistance coil, something above 1ohm and power it at about 15 watts using a mouth to lung style, exactly like smoking.
My wife and I both vape 36mg salts, that should scratch your itch.;)

Hehe thanks bellyman :) I'd already dumped 1 bottle of nicsalt into 80mls liquid before I thought of asking on here so feels like a waste now lol...Interesting take on not using flavours, I guess there is an addictive side to that too...I'd also need a mouth to lung device so might have to hang my mod up for now...Thanks for your advice, appreciated :)

^this
nic salts are more for mouth to lung.
usual 20mg in a mouth to lung tank at low wattage.
try it in a subtank at 70watts and your head will be spinning big time.

Thanks MrDJ....There's definitely a concensus about sub-ohm then :) Feel like my shop should've checked out what I vape on before selling me the salts! I wondered if it would be diluted enough in 80ml juice but after listening to you both I'll take the hit and throw the tainted bottle out lol Fortunately I still had a bottle of nicshot left so that'll get me by until I can try what you suggest. Again, your advice is very much appreciated :)

Yeah the stock tank, changed the glass to the bubble and use t10 coils but I think I'd struggle with mtl on that. Not to worry, lesson learned. Should've checked on here before I bought something I wasn't sure about...hey ho :)

dont throw the bottle out as you might just like a lot on here want to switch to mtl for a while and then you have that bottle to fall back on.
ive not seen 36mg nic salts though. only one ive got is dinner lady which is 20mg

Back
Top Bottom