What's new

Nic strength help

DaveCarrick

Initiate
Hi I use an aspire pod device. Prefer the pod devices after trying tanks and mods. Just my thing I think.

I have been using these with nic salts on a 0.6 ohm flexus coil for MTL.

I have used 10mg nic salts and seem to chain vape for satisfaction and 20mg seems too strong. I like bar salts 5000

do I look to change to freebase and if so what sort of strength or do I look to use a higher watt coil like 1.0 ohm?

There's no reason you can't buy a 10mg and 20mg Nic Salt of the same flavour and combine them to get 15mg, or any approximate strength inbetween if you work it out and juggle the amounts. Just make sure you have a spare bottle to mix it in and you're good to go.

You could try Freebase (but most I've seen are 12mg or 18mg but again you could mix them). But if you do decide to try Freebase just buy a token 10ml bottle to try. Most seem to like either Freebase or Salts but not both - I find Freebase gives me an immediate sore throat and a racking cough if I go over 6mg, and the more concentrated it is the worse it gets - others have similar problems with Nic Salts but have no problems with Freebase...

There's no reason you can't buy a 10mg and 20mg Nic Salt of the same flavour and combine them to get 15mg, or any approximate strength inbetween if you work it out and juggle the amounts. Just make sure you have a spare bottle to mix it in and you're good to go.

You could try Freebase (but most I've seen are 12mg or 18mg but again you could mix them). But if you do decide to try Freebase just buy a token 10ml bottle to try. Most seem to like either Freebase or Salts but not both - I find Freebase gives me an immediate sore throat and a racking cough if I go over 6mg, and the more concentrated it is the worse it gets - others have similar problems with Nic Salts but have no problems with Freebase...
Completely agreed, both with the mixing advise and the nic type phenomenon.
I have the same thing in reverse I can't use salts without coughing and have no problems with freebase

Agree with the mixing advice and the different nic solution. Worth noting though that 12mg freebase is going to have a noticeably stronger throat hit than 10mg salts.
I can and do use both freebase (12mg) and salts (20mg) without any problems from either.

Like ForestMagpie, I have no issues with either. I have 18mg freebase in some setups and 20mg salts in others. No problem switching between the two.

The one thing I would say about nic strength tho is that I chain vape too. Higher nic content doesn't necessarily mean less vaping in the long run, you can just get used to the higher nic content and vape just as much as before.

when i briefly used nic salt it seemed to me, in comparison with the regular freebase nic, that the effect wore off more quickly. this was causing me to puff more of it, despite the higher strength.

eventually ditched it as it started irritating my lungs and throat, which i don’t think was connected to the above observation.

so, for me at least, there was a greater tendency to puff more with salt nic.

Back
Top Bottom