What's new

No Vaping allowed in Wetherspoons pubs

Lex1970

Postman
Having been informed by my brother that he smoked without any problem, in our local Wetherspoons pub . Having been a recent convert to e-cigarettes I thought I would take advantage of this! So I popped along to have my first ever Smoke (vape) in a pub took me back too pre 2006. Anyway about ten minutes later, having had a well earned beer and plenty of puffs, much to the astonishment of the general public who were busily eating away. The bar man came over and told me that it is Wetherspoons policy that smoking e-cigarettes is not allowed in any of their premises.

Anyway changing the subject a bit now, I did wander along the street and had a chat with the staff in various e-cigarette outlets which have sprung up everywhere now looking at various items from the cheap too the custom items. One of the members of staff told me that you should not take more than 6 puffs of an e-cigarette during the period of time that you would have done for a cigarette so approximately 5 minutes in that case. Has anybody ever been told this before?

I decided t buy a different brand and flavour of liquid today. I bought after sampling first, Celtic Vapours, Celtic Ry8, 15mg which has tobacco taste with caramel undertones. I purchased an additional coil to so as not t mix this with the menthol that I'm on at the moment.

That was one of the first pubs to prohibit the use of ecigs / PVDs.

I would love to know where that guy got his info about 5 or 6 puffs being the same a cig. Ecig nic takes a lot longer (approx 30 mins of vaping = 1 cig) to get into your system / satisfy the nic urge.

Enjoy your new juice and invest in a second tank so you can run two flavours at once :)

That was one of the first pubs to prohibit the use of ecigs / PVDs.

I would love to know where that guy got his info about 5 or 6 puffs being the same a cig. Ecig nic takes a lot longer (approx 30 mins of vaping = 1 cig) to get into your system / satisfy the nic urge.

Enjoy your new juice and invest in a second tank so you can run two flavours at once :)

Yes that's another option either purchase a separate tank or have a new coil for each different flavour. Just hope I can smoke indoors OK at the Golden Fleece in Chelmsford, Essex as my best friend is doing a gig there.

Yes that's another option either purchase a separate tank or have a new coil for each different flavour. Just hope I can smoke indoors OK at the Golden Fleece in Chelmsford, Essex as my best friend is doing a gig there.

Maybe give the venue a quick call and ask the manager if they allow vaping?

six puffs? that's me fooked then. Digby's is just to good to stop at 6.....

Boz

six puffs? that's me fooked then. Digby's is just to good to stop at 6.....

Boz

Same I don't keep count of how many puffs I take but my 10 ml, 18 mg has lasted me from Tuesday and will probably get me through Friday as well just want to finish the menthol ASAP so I can try out my new liquid which is only 15mg this time.

You may wish to avoid that particular member of staff in future, if they can get that so wrong who is to say what other advice they may give you ;)

Don't take my word for it, here is the relevant scientific paper :)

Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices : Scientific Reports : Nature Publishing Group

To compare nicotine absorption between tobacco cigarette and EC devices, we used the results from a study by Vansickel et al8. In that study, minimal nicotine absorption from the ECs was observed, while smoking one tobacco cigarette in 5 minutes led to an increase in plasma nicotine levels from 2.10 ng/ml to 18.80 ng/ml. Projection of the findings by Vansickel et al to our data is displayed in Figure 4. After 5 minutes of EC use, plasma nicotine levels were substantially lower compared to smoking one tobacco cigarette (almost 3-fold lower compared to new- and 4-fold lower compared to first-generation device). Plasma nicotine levels were equal between tobacco cigarette use at 5 minutes and new generation EC device at 35 minutes (18.52 ng/ml); however, tobacco cigarette showed 73% and 19% higher levels of nicotine compared to 35 and 65 minutes ad lib use of the first-generation device (10.88 ng/ml and 15.75 ng/ml respectively).

Back
Top Bottom