What's new

On the phone to PayPal - misinformation it seems

I remember when I used to sell Tobacco Leaves for mixing. Paypal got wind of this and wrote to me giving me 24 hours notice that they intended to withdraw Paypal payments from the site and close my account unless I withdrew the sale of tobacco leaves. There really was no alternative...bye bye Tobacco Leaves

I remember when I used to sell Tobacco Leaves for mixing. Paypal got wind of this and wrote to me giving me 24 hours notice that they intended to withdraw Paypal payments from the site and close my account unless I withdrew the sale of tobacco leaves. There really was no alternative...bye bye Tobacco Leaves

Aren't there other payment systems?

Aren't there other payment systems?

It seems Mawsley that the industry is deemed 'high risk' and there are quite a few processors that don't want any money that has come from ecigs for some really odd reason I wonder if Doodlebug has any info through ECITA about why we seem to be getting shut out and if there is any basis or recourse. I may contact them and see if they have any lists of ecig friendly processors as it may actually be something useful for them to advertise across the industry.

I am looking at options now, some are much more complex, some are a decent price and less convenient ( you have to remember that accessing cash is as important as the rates), some are more expensive and less convenient and then finally there are those that wont accept ecig businesses

The laws haven't changed.

Paypal might well decide to pull ecigs but they'd take a hell of a hit to do so.

There is a large and quickly growing market so there is plenty of demand, a n other payment processor will fill the void if one happens.

The laws haven't changed.

Paypal might well decide to pull ecigs but they'd take a hell of a hit to do so.

There is a large and quickly growing market so there is plenty of demand, a n other payment processor will fill the void if one happens.

It appears that they are primarily looking at restricting cashflow on these businesses initially (as with mine) through the use of rolling reserves, 100% of you account balance is held for 14 or 30 days or 5% for 90 days. I am still thrashing this out with them for justification and getting nowhere so far as no-one is able to give any other information apart from quoting T&C's

Google checkout is an option, would be a huge shame to lose the ubiquitousness of PayPal but it definitely makes sense to have additional options ready to go.

Personally, I think they'd be mad to stop accepting Ecig payments without legal need to.

It appears that they are primarily looking at restricting cashflow on these businesses initially (as with mine) through the use of rolling reserves, 100% of you account balance is held for 14 or 30 days or 5% for 90 days. I am still thrashing this out with them for justification and getting nowhere so far as no-one is able to give any other information apart from quoting T&C's

is there another way i can pay you Leigh?

Google checkout is an option, would be a huge shame to lose the ubiquitousness of PayPal but it definitely makes sense to have additional options ready to go.

Personally, I think they'd be mad to stop accepting Ecig payments without legal need to.

I am awaiting a response from wepay, skrill (moneybookers) and google wallet (checkout has changed to wallet) for confirmation of their T&C's regarding the industry. For direct processors though I have done the same with both SagePay and WorldPay and am also looking at others in the meantime.
mrteatime, unfortunately not at the moment. I just have to try and balance my sales up as much as possible before stock runs out in order to restock - or try and see if my bank will do any lending - something I really wanted to avoid until I was in a position to take a shop lease.

Back
Top Bottom