What's new

On the phone to PayPal - misinformation it seems

I am awaiting a response from wepay, skrill (moneybookers) and google wallet (checkout has changed to wallet) for confirmation of their T&C's regarding the industry. For direct processors though I have done the same with both SagePay and WorldPay and am also looking at others in the meantime.

Thanks for letting us know, this could catch a few people out and be catastrophic for business.

Thanks for letting us know, this could catch a few people out and be catastrophic for business.

Indeed, unless a business is already cash rich I cannot see how many could continue to trade with these restrictions placed long term - especially new businesses that are in quite a fast growth period as PlumeBlu is currently. As of this moment I have three orders awaiting placement with suppliers and the funds to pay for all of them (and add a new line from another too) if there was no reserve, with the reserve in place I could order 50% from one single supplier which, when postage costs are added is totally useless.

Whatever I find out from PayPal I will post up here though as so far three people have said three different things and I am now dealing with someone in Executive Escalations.

i only use a few sellers from on here, so i wont have a problem them having my payment details if they decided to offer card payment

Card payments might also become similarly problematic as it depends on the T&C of the gateway, I think a few of them already exclude ecigs - which are clearly tobacco...
Dexter, thanks for that, I guess their support email will just confirm this.

Now I may have had a breakthrough on my own account having been speaking to someone clearly higher up. I have been told this afternoon that I can remove PayPal Here from my account and with that they are willing to restore my account to one with no rolling reserve, when this is likely to happen I am unsure though - the main thing is I can access my sales monies from December and so far this year.

Fingers crossed it is soon as I have run out of stock in more juices this afternoon.

This echos something I saw posted on youtube a couple of weeks back.

The long and short of that, and it is unconfirmed I will add, was that banks in america were refusing to honour card payments on vaping products, they claimed they had been instructed not to.

Now if I was wearing mmytin foil hat, I might start to wonder if paypal as a corporation had been similarly instructed or face reprisals.

I hope you don't mind, but I shared this post with my local vender, at this point I figure its better that as many vendors are both aware and making contact, as you point out above, paypal withholding half your takings for a month would put a serious crimp on most businesses cash flow. I'll also post this up on the other forum I moderate on, it seems to me its better to get the word out ASAP.

There is one piece of advice that I would give to vendors currently using paypal and that is to be very careful on upgrading or adding services you do not currently have, in my case I want to upgrade to pro (and pay them £20 a month more than they currently get), now because of this I have the opinion that any changes to your account will in effect give them a chance to place whatever restrictions they want to.

Last edited:
This echos something I saw posted on youtube a couple of weeks back.

The long and short of that, and it is unconfirmed I will add, was that banks in america were refusing to honour card payments on vaping products, they claimed they had been instructed not to.

Now if I was wearing mmytin foil hat, I might start to wonder if paypal as a corporation had been similarly instructed or face reprisals.

I hope you don't mind, but I shared this post with my local vender, at this point I figure its better that as many vendors are both aware and making contact, as you point out above, paypal withholding half your takings for a month would put a serious crimp on most businesses cash flow. I'll also post this up on the other forum I moderate on, it seems to me its better to get the word out ASAP.

Share away, the less decent vendors get hit by something like this the better, dodgy ebay sellers ought to all have it ;)

i may have joked earlier saying bitcoin but having looked at as a form of currency it does seem an option even if as a last resort. disgusting that paypal think they can hold your money ransom though as surely by allowing tranasctions to go through from buyers end they are in breach of there own rules.
as said before it may be a case o renaming products as a loophole too if push comes to shove.

http://bitcoin.org/en/

Back
Top Bottom