What's new

Oxva Unibox PnM Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
@Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20220530_161335182.jpg

The Oxva Unibox PnM Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/oxva-unibox-pnm-kit.html

As usual I have a discount code for it and that’s: UPMK. Brings it down to $43.99 but I see it’s cheaper than that on the Sourcemore site just now for another 17/18 days.

The Unibox is a single 18650 mod that goes up to 80w. It comes with the Unione PnM tank, which is a podtank type thingy that has a base with a 510 connector to attach to the mod. The draw of this mod for me was the Unitool application, which you download to your PC and connect the mod to so you can tinker with the menus. It is quite decent but I’ll go into that in a bit.

In the box you get:
1 Unibox Mod
1 Unione PnM Tank (5ml)
1 0.15ohm Uniplus Coil (Pre-installed)
1 0.3ohm Uniplus Coil
1 Bubble Glass
1 Type-C Cable
1 User Manual

Design wise it’s a lovely looking mod in my opinion. There are several colour options and I was sent the black, which suits me fine. The lines on it do help with comfort and are not there just for aesthetic purposes, I find my thumb sitting in the top groove when firing. It’s got the heft that I like and just feels substantial in my hand. The Unibox is not a small, delicate mod. The top plate seems to be made of stainless steel and adds to the overall look. The 510 plate is ever so slightly raised to avoid atty rash but is barely noticeable with a tank on. It looks like it’ll take a decent sized tank as well, 25mm sits with some room to spare so I reckon you could fit a 27/28mm tank at a push. The leather panel at the back of the mod looks like good quality and the stitching on it is also nice. The fire and adjustment buttons are responsive as well. The USB slot is on the base of the mod, which will not be good for some, it’s not something that bothers me but I know others aren’t fans of this. The battery cap is a screw cap and I did overturn it and dent the battery on my first go so that’s something to watch for. Just my sausage fingers I suppose. The screen is a nice colour screen too with all the info you need.

PXL_20220530_161529893.jpg

Function wise it’s got all you’d want. There’s temperature control, voltage mode, bypass, VPC mode for fine tuning and there’s also a very handy battery checker onboard as well, which seems to work very well and is a nice addition that you don’t get on other mods. To get to the different modes it’s 3 clicks, then cycle through with the adjustment buttons. Then you just hold the fire button to go further in the mode you want.

Then there’s the Unitool. A PC application that lets you fine tune the board on a bigger screen, rather than doing it all on the mod itself. You can turn off the functions you don’t want which is a brilliant addition for me as I like a nice clean UI on my mods. The application is well laid out and easy to use. I like that you can adjust the increments for the different functions, wattage can be changed to adjust by 0.1, 0.5 or 1w at a time, good for MTL users, same with voltage mode. Temp can be adjusted by 1 degree, 5 degrees or 10 degrees as well, for both Celsius or Fahrenheit. I won’t go into the VPC as I don’t understand it but that has customisation options as well. There’s also a cracking page that allows you to calculate ohm’s law, a coil wrapping tool and a battery drain calculator. It’s no escribe for DNA but the options to tinker are there and are good and easy to use. A nice, nice touch in these days of mods that are restricted to power mode only.

PXL_20220530_161542349.jpg

The Unione PnM tank is a podtank. With the usual 510 base to attach to the mod and the usual ‘tank’ section attached via magnets to the base. I’m not a fan of these kind of tanks but this isn’t all about me. The Unicoils are press fit and included is a 0.15 ohm coil and an 0.3 ohm coil. The airflow is adjusted by turning the tank in the base to adjust but I have noticed that the airflow on these coils are mainly determined by the coil itself, I’ve not noticed too much of an adjustment until the airflow hole is half covered. The 0.3 coil is quite restricted, giving a nice flavoured vape and decent vapour. The rating is a little off though, it’s rated from 35-40w but I found it better, and less warm at 30w myself. The 0.15 is much more open, with great vapour and flavour again but the rating again is off, they state 70-80w for this but even at 70w it was just too warm for me. I had it at 60w for my own preference. The coils are really quite good. I do prefer the 0.3 with it's nice restriction. They’ve lasted really well and despite the off wattage ratings they are some of the better stock coils I’ve had. The fill port is on the bottom of the pod, it’s a little tricky to get the rubber bung open and closed but once it’s in there it is quite solid, I’ve found no leaking in the couple of weeks I’ve been using it. Despite not being keen on these podtank type tanks I’ve enjoyed using this one.

Overall the Unibox is a great single 18650 mod. The adjustability using the Unitool is fantastic for a non DNA/Yihi mod. I do hope Oxva release more mods with this functionality as it’s so nice to be able to tinker with the settings and turn things off. It’s comfortable, looks decent and the tank works very well for what it is. I don’t like to wish for things in my reviews but if they were to release a dual 18650/dual 21700 mod with all this in it I’d be bang in there.

PXL_20220530_161636187.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds a decent mod. The battery test/checker does sound really usefull, hopefully this feature will catch on.

Back
Top Bottom