What's new

Personal thoughts on the best and worst mesh Rta's?

I agree with @andipandi, nothing beats the Profile Unity. The flavour is amazing. Weirdly I like my SS one more than my black one though, but I'm sure I'm just imagining there's a difference.

A very close 2nd to the Unity in terms of flavour is the Orca Ponte Boro RDTA, although that's only useful if you have a Billet Box style device.

I do really like the Kylin M Pro too but even with the same mesh strips as I use in the Unity the flavour isn't quite as good. I use it as my out and about tank as the larger capacity is handy. It does need a little bit more power than the Unity to get the best out of it.

I did have the Profile M for a while but it's limited capacity and awful slide-fill top cap ruined it for me. Also had the v1 Profile RDA but I'm too lazy for dripping. The flavour was unreal though.

My first mesh RTA was the Zeus X but as others have said they were a bit shit, although it was a good introduction to mesh.

Never did try the Doom or Doom X as @Mr Ripple put me off them, and the Profile RDTA and other mesh RDTAs are too big for my liking.

I think I'm one of the lucky ones that finds all of them all super easy to wick (I wick them all the same way with 6mm cotton and the 45° cut) and I've still never had the dreaded mesh dry hit *touch wood*

I'll probably pick up the new Hellvape Dead Rabbit M at some point, just to see what it's like.

Neither @Andrew_Vaping_101 or MikeVapes seem particularly enthused by the new Hellvape in their latest reviews. In this case I fear the M might stand for myxomatosis. On the plus side it is top airflow and it looks pretty easy to build. Time will tell.

On a separate note, are the leaking problems I've read about the Profile Unity really as bad as some state? Or am I worried about nothing? Leaking and mess are my biggest bugbears about any atty. I just can't stand it. I'd hate to get another unusable leaker.

On a separate note @Andrew_Vaping_101's wicking is the messiest I've ever seen on this build, the table and mod are absolutely covered by juice the end. Take your time man!

My only previous experience with DTL mesh is the Siegfried and the PS dual so I'll be approaching this from an almost fresh perspective if I take the plunge.

Neither @Andrew_Vaping_101 or MikeVapes seem particularly enthused by the new Hellvape in their latest reviews. In this case I fear the M might stand for myxomatosis. On the plus side it is top airflow and it looks pretty easy to build. Time will tell.

On a separate note, are the leaking problems I've read about the Profile Unity really as bad as some state? Or am I worried about nothing? Leaking and mess are my biggest bugbears about any atty. I just can't stand it. I'd hate to get another unusable leaker.

On a separate note @Andrew_Vaping_101's wicking is the messiest I've ever seen on this build, the table and mod are absolutely covered by juice the end. Take your time man!

My only previous experience with DTL mesh is the Siegfried and the PS dual so I'll be approaching this from an almost fresh perspective if I take the plunge.

Yeah, that was my bad was a bit of a messy build by me :( was a bit rushed

I've posted this before but since we're talking about mesh again this is the method I find works best for all the different mesh tanks I've used...

1/ (not pictured) Carefully bend your mesh with the rod, install it into the deck and give it a quick pulse at around 12-15W to burn off any residue.

2/ Pull your cotton through, pressing down on the spring loaded plate. If you're using the longer laces pull it through to the very end and then you can get two wicks per lace.
h2qmKrB.jpeg

3/ Trim the cotton to the edge of the deck.
qZaazbe.jpeg

4/ With mesh RTAs you only need the cotton to be packed in under the strip so cut the cotton at 45° downwards from the middle. This helps nicely with wicking and means it can keep up with chain-vaping.
xV3yyPR.jpeg

5/ Give it a damn good rake at the top, bottom and sides then trim any loose strands.
hsMLSXQ.jpeg

6/ Tuck it neatly into the wicking holes.
5F5dRYM.jpeg

7/ Fully saturate the cotton and pulse at low wattage to ensure it's wicking nicely (you'll see the mesh strip drink the liquid. Do this 2 or 3 times before rebuilding and filling the tank and then you're good to go!
44UNaKF.jpeg

I also find that decent cotton is a must. I know some people are happy to use Kendo or Muji etc for mesh but I prefer 6mm Wotofo Xfiber, Firebolt M cotton or Vandy Vape M cotton. All are the perfect density and have no break in period or funny taste.

I have two and neither of them have ever leaked even when sat on their side ;)

I've posted this before but since we're talking about mesh again this is the method I find works best for all the different mesh tanks I've used...

1/ (not pictured) Carefully bend your mesh with the rod, install it into the deck and give it a quick pulse at around 12-15W to burn off any residue.

2/ Pull your cotton through, pressing down on the spring loaded plate. If you're using the longer laces pull it through to the very end and then you can get two wicks per lace.
h2qmKrB.jpeg

3/ Trim the cotton to the edge of the deck.
qZaazbe.jpeg

4/ With mesh RTAs you only need the cotton to be packed in under the strip so cut the cotton at 45° downwards from the middle. This helps nicely with wicking and means it can keep up with chain-vaping.
xV3yyPR.jpeg

5/ Give it a damn good rake at the top, bottom and sides then trim any loose strands.
hsMLSXQ.jpeg

6/ Tuck it neatly into the wicking holes.
5F5dRYM.jpeg

7/ Fully saturate the cotton and pulse at low wattage to ensure it's wicking nicely (you'll see the mesh strip drink the liquid. Do this 2 or 3 times before rebuilding and filling the tank and then you're good to go!
44UNaKF.jpeg

I also find that decent cotton is a must. I know some people are happy to use Kendo or Muji etc for mesh but I prefer 6mm Wotofo Xfiber, Firebolt M cotton or Vandy Vape M cotton. All are the perfect density and have no break in period or funny taste.

I have two and neither of them have ever leaked even when sat on their side ;)

That's good to know. Perhaps it'll find it's way back onto my list!

Back
Top Bottom