What's new

Pioneer 1.5 RTA

Me too, I was a berserker boi at the time and I took a chance because I liked the look of it. Turns out they were quite similar with the shallow domed chimneys, but the pioneer was even better! I don't really understand why it would make such a difference, the contours of the chimney. 🤔 But it does seem to, hence I've taken a punt on the diplomat too :thumbup:

I also don't understand why so many people have trouble with wicking the pioneer either - not noobs, but seasoned vapers like @Astral. I've had 4 pioneers, and I literally cannot make them weep, cry or leak. And my wicking is really shit!

Agree the grooves under post screws look handy. Looking forward to trying it :)

In the end I determined it was coil height causing my problems. I found if it was too low it would leak but if I raised it to a near shorting position it would stay dry, but it took a lot of trial and error to get there.

I enjoy the Pioneer's, sure and for me the best one is the labs, but spare parts are an issue with all of them.

In the end I determined it was coil height causing my problems. I found if it was too low it would leak but if I raised it to a near shorting position it would stay dry, but it took a lot of trial and error to get there.
I tend to use the resting place for the coiling rod to position the coil, seems to get it just right. That has it pretty close to the airflow I think, a mm or 2. No point in banging on about it I guess, as you no longer have them. But I am interested in why and how our experiences can be so different 🤔

Been using both my Pioneer and my 1.5 for the past couple of weeks now and never had an issue with either. I like my Coils pretty low maybe a couple of mm above the Airflow and never had any leaking or weeping. I like a low coil on my Arbiter Solo and have read some vapers had issue doing the same, the ZQ Trio i find doesn't like Low Coils However so it was Trial and Error with that. The Wicking Gods must like me as i never have many issues with any Tank. Now i have said that they will all start pissing themselves.

Back
Top Bottom