What's new

Please Help with Choosing Mod!

Thanks Jim @MrDJ was on phone so couldn't link.

I have been looking into the mods you mention. I like the look of the Asmodus (hoping to find a good deal) but also the VooPoo DRAG 157W GENE Chip Mod Silver. A few on Amazon had problems with the fire button sticking so I might look into the Drag 2 but I like the look of it less and it's more expensive.

I have been looking into the mods you mention. I like the look of the Asmodus (hoping to find a good deal) but also the VooPoo DRAG 157W GENE Chip Mod Silver. A few on Amazon had problems with the fire button sticking so I might look into the Drag 2 but I like the look of it less and it's more expensive.
A few on here have the Drag & no real problems I can recall. Shame you weren't looking last weekend as a couple of vendors had the Voopoo X-217 for less than £45 & so far it's been a cracking mod. The Asmodus mods aren't the cheapest but the Minikin V2 is a great mod. The Lustro not so good as battery life can be an issue for some. I wouldn't put too much faith in Amazon reviews for anything let alone vape gear. You either find all 5* or 1* & somewhere inbetween is the truth.

@timja If you like the look of the Drag have a look at this https://vaping101.co.uk/collections/all-box-mods/products/dovpo-nickel-230w-dual-tc-box-mod . I've been reviewing this & it's been a good workhorse, paintwork still fresh & does all you need. Feels pretty good in the hand & no door rattle. Easy to use menu & takes all but the largest tanks.
Nickelout.jpg

Should be able to find it cheaper from the likes of FT

I have an original voopoo drag 157 here and it's never missed a beat, it's been dropped and bashed about but still works like it should, as with any mod, just try not to get them covered in liquid !
Oh and FT is fast tech, A Chinese seller of all kinds of things including vape stuff

I have an original voopoo drag 157 here and it's never missed a beat, it's been dropped and bashed about but still works like it should, as with any mod, just try not to get them covered in liquid !
Oh and FT is fast tech, A Chinese seller of all kinds of things including vape stuff

Very useful info thank you @Leeren666.

A few on here have the Drag & no real problems I can recall. Shame you weren't looking last weekend as a couple of vendors had the Voopoo X-217 for less than £45 & so far it's been a cracking mod. The Asmodus mods aren't the cheapest but the Minikin V2 is a great mod. The Lustro not so good as battery life can be an issue for some. I wouldn't put too much faith in Amazon reviews for anything let alone vape gear. You either find all 5* or 1* & somewhere inbetween is the truth.

Any thoughts on the Asmodus Lustro 200w Mod? I've just seen one at a good price and thought it might be preferable but would really like advice before committing. Having said that I really don't like the infrared options it has!

Last edited:
@timja The bundle is great value, especially as the charger is pocket friendly, can be used as a power bank/safe storage for spare batteries. Go for the 30Q batteries for longer run time. The Lustro is a really nice mod & very compact. Only real issue I've heard of is battery life on a few is poor. It's touch screen to go into menus but very easy to use. Normally retail around £60.

Back
Top Bottom