What's new

Post your mechanical pics!

Yeah, LOL, I did wash them at the same time I rinsed the mod off after an initial buff.

Why oh why did I buy a brass goon (authentic) at the 2016/17 VF? It's been fully stripped, cleaned with iso alcohol, polished with Peek, and had 2 10 minute ultrasonic baths. Thoroughly rinsed and dried, and I don't think it looks too shabby, yet I'm still getting a strong metallic taste when I toot on it [emoji53] It's doing my nut in.
IMG_20190509_045650.jpg

Why oh why did I buy a brass goon (authentic) at the 2016/17 VF? It's been fully stripped, cleaned with iso alcohol, polished with Peek, and had 2 10 minute ultrasonic baths. Thoroughly rinsed and dried, and I don't think it looks too shabby, yet I'm still getting a strong metallic taste when I toot on it [emoji53] It's doing my nut in.View attachment 191661

Bummer, I get the same from copper rda's, makes me judder just thinking about it.

Bummer, I get the same from copper rda's, makes me judder just thinking about it.
Yep, I vaguely remember getting that taste from copper too. Time to move them on, when I can be arsed to sort it all out. Stainless all the way for me now.

I don't think it's a straight forward issue, I have a brass Skull rda which is absolutely fine. You pays yer money and takes a chance with copper and brass. Like you say, that particular one is something to move on to someone who isn't sensitive to it.

Why oh why did I buy a brass goon (authentic) at the 2016/17 VF? It's been fully stripped, cleaned with iso alcohol, polished with Peek, and had 2 10 minute ultrasonic baths. Thoroughly rinsed and dried, and I don't think it looks too shabby, yet I'm still getting a strong metallic taste when I toot on it [emoji53] It's doing my nut in.View attachment 191661
Going to have to go and try my new brass goon now [emoji23]

Got a copper one on the way from China so fingers crossed for that !

Back
Top Bottom