What's new

Post your mechanical pics!

Just a wee update to my post above, locking mechanism was doing my head in, constantly moving around so I epoxyed it and now I have the recessed version I wanted in the first place, so still using the Titan with my adjustments, cracking mod.

View attachment 207288
Smart looking job there bud [emoji106]

Yeah, I started it last Wednesday, lost track of the number of silicon carbide sheets I've used rounding it all off to get to this point. Never worked with resin before and it was a bit of a wtf moment adding the brass dust and pouring it. The bottom is really flat now without the grooves to accept a spring and the threading for that damn lock.

IMG_1698.JPG

Yeah, I started it last Wednesday, lost track of the number of silicon carbide sheets I've used rounding it all off to get to this point. Never worked with resin before and it was a bit of a wtf moment adding the brass dust and pouring it. The bottom is really flat now without the grooves to accept a spring and the threading for that damn lock.

View attachment 207290
You must be happy with the result from the look of it, but sounds like a bit of a pita!
Nothing worse than a dodgy switch [emoji6]

Happier anyway. Damn lock button wobbled, first effort was wrapping it in PTFE as you might notice on the button threads, didn't work so decided to go the full hog and flush it out and wet n dry it to a polish.

Looking good, seriously bud, more than happy to send back the copper rda for you, I canny use them anyway due to the taste I get off them.

Looking good, seriously bud, more than happy to send back the copper rda for you, I canny use them anyway due to the taste I get off them.
Thanks bud, got a ss clone on the way and will get the og at some point and swmbo will kill me if I have anymore vape stuff arrive [emoji16]
Did you manage to do anything with the switch on the copper tube?

I've been distracted loading up the stand, will take a look at it though. I got a "less ribbed" brass one in at the same time as the rogue but it's worse, so I'll set aside some time soon. Gotta set up my NAS extender at some point too, lol

In all honesty, I would say not great especially for the money, 100% better with the upgrade silver spring but still alot better out there for half the money
That's not saying it's bonza bad and I do like it just think at full price you could do better

In a fit of boredom I bought a copper one today with the uprated spring, came in at £34 posted, heck of a lot cheaper than the original £80 they wanted, pretty sure I can have it fully revving with a bit of TLC when it lands. Don't ask why, a bit of nostalgia perhaps, thinking KHV might be gone before long if their stock list online is anything to go by.

In a fit of boredom I bought a copper one today with the uprated spring, came in at £34 posted, heck of a lot cheaper than the original £80 they wanted, pretty sure I can have it fully revving with a bit of TLC when it lands. Don't ask why, a bit of nostalgia perhaps, thinking KHV might be gone before long if their stock list online is anything to go by.
I also have the feeling that KHV are not long for this world, it's not a bad mod but full price was way too much,.
I'm thinking copper and the upgrade spring are a good shout!

Back
Top Bottom