What's new

Pure pastry/crumble/biscuit/tart e-liquids?

thanks Biochemist thats fantastic.

re nicotine level - i currently use 12mg/ml on the Dinner Lady Lemon tart e-liquid that i vape. which is 1.2% and i think is sort of average for an ex smoker? (the dinner lady e-liquid comes in 3/6/12/18mg)

so if i wanted to make 100ml of liquid as you showed above, i would have to add about five 10ml 20mg nicotine shots.

Wow, I started vaping with a Nautilus, at 6mg, now I vape much lower than that - I put a booster per 120ml basically and I'm good. Anything 3mg or above, or damn nic salts give me coughing fits.

Regarding the recipe, yes that's what it should be like. You can play with the calculator and see.

oh wow. as an ex smoker anything less than 10mg ish feels too weak for me. i started on 18mg and have now gone to 10-12 area. will try and reduce more over time but i presumed most vapers were around 10-12 range to replicate cigarette strength?

infact i don't really understand who would vape 3mg?

never a good idea to do 100ml for your first mix as could all go down the sink
do a 10ml mix tester first.

mixing with nic shots is never the easiest when you want a stronger strength.
correct me if im wrong but as youve mentioned 20mg shots are these freebase or nic salts as majority of nic shots in the uk are 18mg.
to get to 12mg strength i think you will need stronger 7.2% nicotine which officially cant be purchased by the general public thanks to uk tpd law. (its out there though) :27:
adding 5 x 10ml shots so 50ml will just weaken the flavour.

i started on 18mg almost 8 years ago after a 37 year habit of 20-30 cigs a day and with the dawn of sub ohm i dropped to 3mg a month later and have stuck there ever since.

never a good idea to do 100ml for your first mix as could all go down the sink
do a 10ml mix tester first.

mixing with nic shots is never the easiest when you want a stronger strength.
correct me if im wrong but as youve mentioned 20mg shots are these freebase or nic salts as majority of nic shots in the uk are 18mg.
to get to 12mg strength i think you will need stronger 7.2% nicotine which officially cant be purchased by the general public thanks to uk tpd law. (its out there though) :27:
adding 5 x 10ml shots so 50ml will just weaken the flavour.

i started on 18mg almost 8 years ago after a 37 year habit of 20-30 cigs a day and with the dawn of sub ohm i dropped to 3mg a month later and have stuck there ever since.

True on not mixing 100ml first time!

I didn't know in the UK you get 18mg/ml boosters, here in Switzerland they are 20mg/ml. I hate salts, tried them once when they came out and never again.

Yes on the high-nic, here it's also illegal unless you're a vape shop. I don't see how it'd weaken any flavour though, it's just PG/VG in the end, if the end mix is 5% this doesn't change with nic, unless the nic is oxidised and smells fishy, otherwise it doesn't have any smell. I didn't try to vape simple base with nic, even though pure VG (which I did try), is fairly sweet on its own.
When I was active in DIY groups some of the gurus used to say that nic is a flavour enhancer at any level. I don't know since I dropped the nic I used in my juices to very low, pretty early on and never looked back as I am happy with it.

infact i don't really understand who would vape 3mg?

I would :P In fact the way I make my juices I get 1.5mg.

Noted re mxing a smaller amount instead of 100ml to start with. thanks guys.

re boosters i just used 20mg as thats what Biochemist used. but i would be looking at freebase, and i guess 18mg as that's whats sold in the shops i think. I'm guessing as well it shouldnt affect flavour even if you add a lot as long as you keep the end % of concentrate at the right %?

i dont understand how you guys can vape 1.5-3mg liquid. is this because you have less of a need for nicotine now compared to when you were smoking, or somehow the vape kit that you are using makes the nicotine hit stronger at lower doses? its been a challenge going from 18 to 10 area for me. i tried 6mg but its too weak.

as said, it works out at around 50ml of nic shots to make 100ml of juice thats half taken up by nic and vg or pg whatever the nic is based in.
if 7.2 could be sourced then only 16.6ml would be needed.

breaking it down to a 10ml mix using 1.8mg nic shots
you would need 6.6ml of nic base while 5% of concentrate would be 0.50ml there would be no flavour as it would be drowned out by the nic

maybe why i gave up mixing years ago :)

10ml.JPG

edit.
i vape at 50watts so using 12mg or 18mg would blow my head off.
as i mentioned ive been on 3mg for over 7 years but if i was on mouth to lung at low wattage then i think id need higher nicotine.

edit of edit

i bought all the syringes and pipettes but for the life of me it made me so angry working out the exact amount.
a cheap set of scales makes life so much easier working with grams https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...Weighing+Scales+Jewellery+0.01g-500g&_sacat=0

Last edited:
@MrDJ I think your advice re: diluting the flavour only applies to shortfills. If you're using concentrates, then 5% is 5%. You'd be diluting with VG or PG anyway.

Back
Top Bottom