What's new

Quality of reeled wire

Having got into vaping again I'm stocking up on wire, I've not bought any for a while but now i look online the price difference between, eg. a reel of 10m of AWG28 Ni200 from GeekVape and say, TemCo Industrial is considerable, a multiple of about 4 (I imagine you can guess which way round !).

Of course, the GeekVape stuff is intended for the vaping market, whereas the TemCo stuff isn't specifically so; but it's all Ni200 whatever the intended application or nature of the company, right ?

I don't imagine GeekVape have a wire manufacturing plant, in all probability they buy the stuff from someone very much like TemCo and put their label on it along with a very healthy markup, so it's the same stuff, right ?

Now, I'd not vape wire from absolutely anywhere, but TemCo aren't a 1-man band based in a shack in Vietnam or something. They're a serious engineering company in Texas, USA and thus presumably comply with state and federal law concerning manufacturing standards and accuracy of their statements about their products etc etc. etc.

So, the TemCo stuff is as arguably as good (in terms of manufacturing quality, purity etc) as the GeekVape stuff, right ?

Or not ?

Last edited:
I always buy my reels of wire from Stealthvape. It is intended for vaping and is treated and cleaned properly for the purpose.

Not really an answer to your question, but I built up a stock of basic round-wires by adding a spool to small orders to put it into the free post zone, so most of my spools only cost me an extra quid or two. It may not be as easy now as not many online sellers stock a decent range of rebuildable supplies but still worth a look if you're making a small order.

As @rew mentioned, I'd be wary of what oils/contaminants may be on the wires if the seller expects their products to be used in industrial applications.

Last edited:
Your right at the end of the day wire is wire, but the likes of stealth vape know vapers want clean and trusted wire intended for that purpose so you will find lots of us use stealth vape, that and of course it's good to support an independent vaping business.

I can't see Industrial Wire being the same as Vape Wire, I would of thought that Vape Wire would be cleaned and treated and maybe enhanced in some way for vaping. For the sake of a couple of Quid i wouldn't risk my health with Industrial Wire. You can buy the same gauges as Vape Wire but that is where the similarity probably ends and industrial wire will most likely be full of impurities. Your choice at the end of the day.

Thanks folks, I hadn't considered manufacturing residue, so while it's almost certainly exactly the same stuff, presumably either StealthVape/GeekVape etc. clean it or have a deal with the manufacturer that they do.

As folk say; why risk it, vape-specific wire isn't pricey even when it's 4x the price of the industrial stuff.

I actually ordered several reels of StealthVape, VandyVape and WireOptim wire yesterday before I spotted the cheaper stuff and was thinking 'damn, have I bought some cheap wire with expensive labels ??' :)

Stealthvape is the cleanest wire out there, was years ago when I saw in real life the stuff being cleaned, was shocking how filthy the wire was to start with.

i think of it like this, you can buy a roll of wire that will last you forever from stealthvape for probably less than a tenner. so that will do for me :)

i think of it like this, you can buy a roll of wire that will last you forever from stealthvape for probably less than a tenner. so that will do for me :)
Forever... ish ... I do a coil or 2 a day on average, and I've got through a med size spool (50m?!) in about 18 months. It's the first spool in my life that I've actually finished.

Forever... ish ... I do a coil or 2 a day on average, and I've got through a med size spool (50m?!) in about 18 months. It's the first spool in my life that I've actually finished.

obsessive coilers may have different requirements :)

Back
Top Bottom