What's new

Question about checking coils with multimeter

p4t5h4rp

Postman
So i have a multimeter on order, and my question is.....Do i need the coils to be in the device to check the ohm, or will it give me the reading by just checking at either side of the coil before it is secured into the RDA?..... might be a stupid question but it'll be the first time i will have used a multimeter :P

You can check the resistance of the coil as you make them, although it makes good practice to measure the resistance of the atty complete as well in case somethings gone tits up when you've put it all together. Make sure you remove whatever you use to rap it on though if its metal(probably is ). Multimeters are great, but it does get a bit fiddly trying to use two probes when your also holding the coil, you might want to consider a resistance meter for your built attys. It does make things a bit easier tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
A multimeter reads the resistance between the two points. With that in mind, the most suitable, and applicable, way to measure, should become clear.
Sorry that I am unable to be of more help.

It's all good y guys thanks,I have made myself a jig so to speak to house my atty while I'm building

Back
Top Bottom