What's new

Question about mixing and different Nic solutions

OK, Karen, please write exactly what your recipe is with your target PG/VG and target Nicotine percentage and tell us what percentage flavours.

So, my old calculations were Nic 1.11, VG 5.9, Flavourings 3.0 for 10ml at 8mg @mannikon but that doesn't cover confusion over the composition of DarkStar Nic, its diluted in VG. These calculations used with the Alchemist version. Flavour I've always had high but looking to lower and also use PG in mix for my other device. I can use calculator to do this if I can just find out how to use the stuff properly, you add VG, company told me it's one calculation.

So I've changed here (to increase PG on my old recipe and lower flavouring - trying it out) would you therefore use 1.1ml Darkstar Nicotine in VG @mannikon ? They're telling me in effect to use 4.5ml (combine)

Attachments

• IMG_5655.PNG
    IMG_5655.PNG
    66.2 KB · Views: 39
Not sure if I have read this correctly but on the above recipe you would use 1.1ml of nicotine in vg and 3.4 ml of pure vg ( separate product wit no nicotine in it)

That recipe you posted in the screenshot image will make an 11mg nicotine juice at 55%PG and 45%VG - is that what you wanted?

No, that's not the question but thanks for your reply. Yes, that's how I used to do it, however, DarkStar nicotine in VG is already diluted. That's what they've told me. Combine Nic measurement with the pure VG as one single measurement. This makes more sense to me as their product is very thick compared to other "nicotine in VG" products.

@mannikon i understand principles of mixing, it's a product question... if it's already mixed, why dilute even more with pure VG, it is the VG (so they've told me and I gather from price - too cheap to be base Nic with minimum VG required and consistency as per pure VG). Does that make sense?

Using vape tool app I get this for a 70%vg 30% pg mix ( Base is the nicotine solution )
1484084552584.jpg

If it says 72mg nicotine on it then that's what it is, it can't be already diluted as then it wouldn't be 72mg.
Darkstar have also started to sell nicotine shots, so this may cause some confusion?

@mannikon i understand principles of mixing, it's a product question... if it's already mixed, why dilute even more with pure VG, it is the VG (so they've told me and I gather from price - too cheap to be base Nic with minimum VG required and consistency as per pure VG). Does that make sense?

Can't really understand that question.

No matter who makes it, 100 ml of 7.2% VG based nicotine should contain 7.2 ml pure nicotine and 92.8ml pure VG.
So it should be just as gloopy as VG on its own.
Sounds like the "thin" VG nic base you got from your previous supplier was diluted with water, as someone else said.

Back
Top Bottom