What's new

Rachael Blackmore makes History

Next thing u know they will have transgendered jockeys....oh the horror...

As someone who worked in stables and has ridden a lot of racehorses, I'n chuffed. Go Rachael! :2thumbsup:

I feel so oblivious to the world of horse racing. Tried to google it, but is like the next stop to the kentucky derby? Or is this bigger?

I feel so oblivious to the world of horse racing. Tried to google it, but is like the next stop to the kentucky derby? Or is this bigger?
The Grand National is the biggest British horse race, but it's over fences - I think the Kentucky Derby is on the flat?

The Grand National is the biggest British horse race, but it's over fences - I think the Kentucky Derby is on the flat?
Steeplechase?
And yes, kentucky derby is like nascar, go fast turn left

Thats actually a lot more impressive than sitting on a horse while it runs really fast.

Still trying to wrap my head about sexism in the jockey profession. It just seems so arbitary and silly, but i guess not silly to those it affects.

Thats actually a lot more impressive than sitting on a horse while it runs really fast.

Still trying to wrap my head about sexism in the jockey profession. It just seems so arbitary and silly, but i guess not silly to those it affects.
It's weird, othe horse sports like eventing, cross-country and show jumping have had successful women riders for years ......... it's just the racing fraternity that have been so slow to catch on. ;)

It's weird, othe horse sports like eventing, cross-country and show jumping have had successful women riders for years ......... it's just the racing fraternity that have been so slow to catch on. ;)
Thats why it does seem wierd, i mean, aside from the rodeo stuff(which i assume women r just too smart to take part in, and even still is becoming co-ed) almost all equestriam events in this country r like a womens sport

Back
Top Bottom